Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why would you get INDUCED?!?!?!?! *Edit*

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:20 PM
  • 135 Replies

I'm just wondering why you got induced??? I'm tempted to take off work a couple weeks before my due date because my last one came a little shy of two week early PLUS my daughters b-day is a couple weeks before my due date, along with fourth of July. And I work in a fast past environment so it's really starting to get to me and my body and energy level. I thought maybe if I took off two weeks before my due date it would be good, because I could relax and wait, and actually have energy to get everything done. I want to bring my baby home to a clean house. But I am worried if I take off two weeks before my due date, my luck she'll come two weeks late, and then that eats up a month of my maternity leave, and I'm not even fully sure if I will be able to afford the full three months (at least 2 for sure). I want to enjoy my baby before I have to go back to work and I would prefer not to have to leave her with people so soon after shes born... so if I were to take off two weeks before my due date would I be able to plan to be induced on my due date?

*** I'm leaning towards no... didn't realize there were so many risks involved and I just don't think I could chance it. I might look into it more before I put a final decision on it though.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
i.heart.rachel
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:22 PM

I was induced 4 times for different reasons each time. Though I was fine, and my babies were fine, I would not recommend inducing for convenience reasons...

MOMby19
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:23 PM

i don't know if your doc would let you plan to induce just cuz. i was induced because i had pre-eclampsia (that my docs managed to MISS until i was in labor 4 weeks early). with dd i had my last check up before my due date and the (lazy) OB i had that day was going camping and didn't want to do a delivery when she got back so she stripped my membranes without telling me. that was on thursday. dd was born on saturday morning.

isra1986
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:24 PM

I say let the baby bake as long as he or she needs!
The baby may come at an "inconvenient" time, but that's what babies do! You are going to have to make plenty of sacrifices when the baby is here too!

I am not Palestinian (although I married into the culture). I am human. I
believe in human rights for everyone. Some people may think that this
is not "our" fight, but it is to me, because no matter their religion or cultural background, they are our brothers and sisters in humanity.  I will protest right along side everyone in Palestine. I may not be able to change the world, but I can
die trying.

spunky946
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:25 PM

I was induced with my son 3 1/2 weeks early because i had developed pre eclampsia and was in danger.  Not my choice, but my drs.  With my dd I was injecting myself with blood thinners, so in order to get an epidural i had to be off of them for 24 hours, so I was planning on get induced at 39 weeks.  My dr would not induce me before that unless it was medically necessary. 

I actually ended up going into labor 3 1/2 weeks early all on my own.  Thanfully my water had broken before i had injected myself with my morning blood thinner. 

I would ask your dr at your next appointment. 

dbldogdare
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:25 PM

I was two weeks late with both. My Dr. wouldn't let me induce earlier than that even though I was begging him. They were 8.5 and 9.3lb babies. I was in a bit of pain. I wish I would have gone naturally though. Inducing was a PITA.

roxy85

Your medical insurance might not let your doctor induce you without a valid medical reason and your convenience doesn't count. I was induced with my oldest at 41wks because my fluid levels were low. If my fluid levels were fine they would have let me go to 42wks before inducing.

sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:25 PM

I was induced because I had a medical condition that could have affected my baby. But getting induced just because its "convenient" is a big no no for me lol

raegansmom

I have Type I diabetes & I was induced at 36.5 weeks after an amnio.  I did it because 4 docs (2 regular OB's, 1 High risk OB, and my endo)said it was best for me & my DD.

gulfcoastmom4
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:26 PM

I was because I was due very close to Christmas and the Dr didn't want to have to come in on Christmas,  BTW I have no issue with that since I wanted to be home then too)

MsDean
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Well I was induced my second preganncy for being overdue and I had actually scheduled ot be induced with my third pregnancy, and yes it was for my convienence, but when I got to the hospital I was in labor, lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)