Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG! Effing gross!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:22 PM
  • 34 Replies

My puppy is on prescribed flea meds, my cats are inside cats and we have a flea infestation! WTF!!

Yesterday we dipped the animals, bug bombed and cleaned everything. I'm sitting on the floor with the kids and a flea jumps on me! I hate this state so much for it's bugs, never had a problem in Nebraska! I've seen the little bastards hitch a ride in on our pants!! We even put pesticide on the yard and we are still overrun.

It was like this last summer and I almost had to move out and we didn't even have any pets that went outside. I don't know what to do and I'm going crazy over here.

Any suggestions or advice is more than welcome.

thd0e53652.png image by monraenpentacle.jpg pentacle image by casi090th2vuyhd4.jpg image by monraenlily.jpg flower image by lucymarie03

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BlessedToBMommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:26 PM

the best flea dip you'll ever get is take a soda bottle and one bottle of rubbing alchol pour it in, then half a bottle of dish detergent. then fill the rest with water. Put it one dry pet, leave set for 5 mins and rinse. Then use the flea carpet pwoder and vacuum it up, if you have any of those flowrs in the yard they are like

dry them and grind them up and sprinkle them all around the yard!! I hear you can put moth balls around too where kids/ pets cant get to them

BlessedToBMommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:27 PM

p.s are you in Florida?

lilywitch
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:27 PM

Nope, TX.

Quoting BlessedToBMommy:

p.s are you in Florida?

thd0e53652.png image by monraenpentacle.jpg pentacle image by casi090th2vuyhd4.jpg image by monraenlily.jpg flower image by lucymarie03

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign

oboe_chik
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:30 PM

Oh I know what you mean mama! Im in KS. We get fleas bad in the fall for some reason. Right now its TICKS. Yuck. I don't know what to tell you about the fleas though. We had it worse last fall and I washed the dogs in flea shampoo, sprayed them with flea spray, put flea collars on them, AND did that $20 a tube frontline stuff on them and STILL had friken fleas. Sucks mama. Good luck.

Did you or are you working full time, juggling kids, a career and who knows what else? If so click on the picture to share your stories!

BlessedToBMommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:31 PM

the flea dip recipie above it aweseom for ticks too!! My aunt was a pet groomer highly recopmmended and this is what she used:)

Quoting oboe_chik:

Oh I know what you mean mama! Im in KS. We get fleas bad in the fall for some reason. Right now its TICKS. Yuck. I don't know what to tell you about the fleas though. We had it worse last fall and I washed the dogs in flea shampoo, sprayed them with flea spray, put flea collars on them, AND did that $20 a tube frontline stuff on them and STILL had friken fleas. Sucks mama. Good luck.

lilywitch
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:33 PM

I'm really glad I'm not the only one. I feel so filthy. Like I should be living in a three wall shack and playing a banjo or something. How can a house be as clean as mine and be crawling with fleas?? I hate it! I will bug bomb every week if I have to even though it's expensive and a pain in the ass.

lilywitch
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Wouldn't that dry out their skin though?

Quoting BlessedToBMommy:

the flea dip recipie above it aweseom for ticks too!! My aunt was a pet groomer highly recopmmended and this is what she used:)

adon87
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:34 PM

BUMP!

BlessedToBMommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:35 PM

it didnt for my dog or most of my cats one cat it did so I used an oatmeal shampoo afterwards

Quoting lilywitch:

Wouldn't that dry out their skin though?

Quoting BlessedToBMommy:

allurasmamma
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:36 PM

I always used Dawn dish detergant. I had a stray feral cat outside my home a couple years back . Well, she had kittens and showed me where they were. I think she wanted me to save them. Not sure, but they were infested with fleas and because they were so young, the vet said that they could not have flea meds and that they would get very sick and die. I was not going to give up. I washed them every single day in dawn. They hated it but got used to it. All 3 kittens lived and went to great homes.

There was something else, oh, yeah. I heard if you take a lamp, one of those desk lamps, the smaller one and put it over a bowl of Dawn dish detergent and let it heat up , it does something, draws the fleas to it, I can't remember. Let me look and see if I can find out more for you.

I hated the fleas, they are ugly scary!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)