Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fill 'er up please

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:42 PM
  • 25 Replies

Poll

Question: When you need gas how much do you put in?

Options:

Fill it up every time

Half a tank each time

Only 10-20 per fill

Less than 10

Gotta have the "other"

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 63

View Results

I was just curious if there are any other ladies out there that do what I do when it comes to putting gas in your car. I fill my tank up maybe once a month. The rest of the time I put 10-20 dollars in. Just to last me the rest of the week. Idk why but I would rather spend $20 three times a month than one single $60. I was just pondering this as I put $15 in my tank earlier today(Not BP cause I am on a BP strike). So what's your routine?

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2theboy1994
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:43 PM

We just fill the cars as needed. I hate going to the gas station, so purposely making myself have to go anymore than I have to would drive me nuts, lol.

RyansMommie07
by Jessica Lynne on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:44 PM

i fill it every time, but i only get gas every other week...so it works for me. hubby on the other hand puts 20 in every week and his truck is only full when i drive it.

pixie_trix
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Other

Thankfully, I don't have to buy gas.. Saves me a buttload of money every year.

gulfcoastmom4
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Dh fills mine up when its about a quarter tank.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:45 PM

I used to do what you do, but since having my daughter and being so much more busy than ever before, I fill it up and drive it until the light comes on...

.CrazyBeautiful
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:45 PM

I usually do $10-$20 each time. Whatever we can afford to put in and it depends on where I have to go all week. If I don't have any appointments or anything going on that week, we don't get gas and me and the girls just stay home all week.

~In fact, everything we encounter in this world with our six senses is an inkblot test. You see what you are thinking and feeling, seldom what you are looking at.~

nursetina

I have a SUV so I can't fill 'er up everytime, that would be $60. so I put half full

MovalMomsADMIN
Quoting Mom2theboy1994:

We just fill the cars as needed. I hate going to the gas station, so purposely making myself have to go anymore than I have to would drive me nuts, lol.

littleluvkitty
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:46 PM

i fill it up every pay day as needed. lol i don't drive much. but i like to have it taken care of.

sydjademom24
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:47 PM

My husband and I have 2 cars...and I really only use mine 1 or 2 times during the week and then for errands on the weekend....I stay at home most of the time. So I do fill it up once a week, on the weekend....but it's usually on half a tank or a little under when I fill it....so I do fill it up, but it's not on empty. I put $20 in once a week.....so there are a couple options that fit me...but I choose the "fill it up every time" option. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)