Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Here's my schedule...is this too much??

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:59 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'm a full time nursing student. I just started (this summer will be my third quarter). I'm wondering if this is too much. Are my classes too hard? Am I taking too many hard classes together? Is there a better way to do this? Uggh! So many questions! Anyway, here's my schedule (oh, I'm also a mom of three little ones ages 3 1/2, 2, and 7 months. My DD starts pre-school this fall so that adds to my already stressful life).

Summer:
1st half of quarter-
Fundamentals of Bio I lecture and lab *5 credit hours*
2nd half of quarter-
General-Organic-Biochemistry lecture and lab *5 credit hours*
Human Dev. III- Adult Development *3 credit hours*
And possibly taking a class every Saturday morning throughout the entire summer- Global Community *3 credit hours*

I would be at school from 9-12:30 Monday- Thursday through the entire summer, Monday and Wednesday evenings the 2nd half of summer, and possibly every saturday morning.

Fall:
English Comp 101 *3 credit hours*
Statistics for Health Sciences *3 credit hours*
Microbiology *5 credit hours*
And possibly Global Community *3 credit hours* if I don't take it this summer.

I would be at school from 9-5:30 Monday and Wednesday and 9-12 Fridays if I take that class. Otherwise, I'd be there at 10 instead of 9.

Am I overloading myself? Are these classes tough?

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MovalMomsADMIN
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:59 PM

good luck!

tyheamma
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Hmmm... I'm not a nursing student/graduate, so I don't know if the classes are tough... but I have taken an overfull courseload (the summer after becoming a mother). In my experience, if you are committed to it and have good support, you'll do just fine.

Pinkmankie
by Kelly on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:10 PM
The summer courses won't be that bad. I used to take 6 hrs each summer session, so a total of 12 during the course of the summer. The fall semester seems pretty full. That's a lot of time to be at school. Remember, you have to study, do homework, write papers too. I can't even imagine trying to do that with young children at home. Good luck to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySteph06
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:43 PM

BUMP!

Bradsmommy22
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:00 PM

I don't think so, my schedule looked about the same when i started my pre recs for nursing. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)