Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is just stupid

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:16 PM
  • 35 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you take the job

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 71

View Results

My cousin finally found a good job. Her bf and her (and their son) have been really struggling and can barely pay bills. Only she might not take the job because it pays more than her bf makes and he's complaining he won't feel like a man if she makes more than him. I think she should take the job anyway. So if this were ever your situation would you not take the job so your husband/so can feel like a man or take it and tell him to suck it up?

Use it

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiggerabba
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:17 PM

shit, my husband would kick my ass for not taking the job...........it he was a man and not a little boy, it wouldn't bother him.................

--Nicole--
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Ummm...if he's so worried about his male ego, then he needs to go find 5 more jobs so she isn't making more money then him. Both of them sound like idiots.

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown Click for more info!

Mom2theboy1994

If we were struggling, and I needed to get a job to contribute to my family's survival, I'm taking what ever job I can get, the higher the pay the better! Her BF needs to get over himself, and be proud that he has a fiance that isn't afraid to get out there and work, and one that is obviously marketable!

armywifey26
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:18 PM

He is an idiot and needs to get over himself! If he is a father then he should know that his family comes first and that means makin that money any way they can!

JustMe0326
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:18 PM

"Stupid" seems to be the word of the day around here! But yes, I would take the job and tell the man to "suck it up, cupcake!"

clhelms

Her boyfriend, right?  Hell yeah I'd take the job.  Tell him to suck it up.  What if they break up in a month than she gets to regret passing up a job that could potentially help her stand on her own two feet.  If they stay together than the financial stress decreases.  Who in their right mind would allow pride to get in the way of paying the damn bills.  Ridiculous if you ask me.

alotta_fagina
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Somebody sounds a little insecure! This is soo soo stupid!

nursetina

I'd tell him to get over his whiney childish self and suck it up. what a damn childish moron.

KatherineM

i would definently take the job

HLoeffler08

I would tell him he can either deal or get the hell out! That is selfish and very rude..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)