Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who deals with the $$$'s

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:24 PM
  • 11 Replies

Need some fresh Ideas! So far I handle the Check book, can become frustrating at times! So what works for U?

VERONICA

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsDean
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:27 PM

I manage all the finances. I have a mommy planner that I use. We donlt use a checkbook. I don't even know where the checkbook is, lol! Oh and I give dh an allowance so he is not tempted to go and use his debit card for stupid stuff.

audriesmommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:27 PM

My husband pays the bills.  He has everything set up in excel.  We sit down together once a week to write in all our purchases and see where we are.

mrs.sgt
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:28 PM

He makes the money, I manage it.  I know how much we have at all times, he just asks if we can afford this and that.

Kharma25
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:29 PM

My husband deals with all the finances.  They stress me out to no end, plus I'm bipolar, and one of the symptoms of mania is spending money like crazy, so just to be on the safe side, I let him keep all the money, and when I need some, I'll tell him so, and what for.

DD 2004, DS 2006, DS 2008

Due with #4, 10/10/10

imthatgirl728
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:29 PM

I handle all the bills and money in the house.

I do everything online. I have one place that all my bills are kept on line...through my bank. I can just open it and see what is due one, and one click and it's paid. Pretty easy.

wells75904
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:30 PM

I manage ALL the money here, but we only use our checking account for bills, I deposit ONLy what we need and we pay the bills with it, then we use cash for everything else

Jennifer_236
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:31 PM

I pay all the bills and get what we need for the house..So i guess I do. we dont use check unless we have too. we pay everything online expect for rent

August07Mom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:33 PM

I handle our finances.  The checkbook would be a mess if my DH took care of it. 

Just_Bethy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:35 PM

I am totally in charge of ALL finances...Bills...retirement...401k...mortgages....EVERYTHING ..Its a pain at times..My hubby has NO interest at all..he wouldn't even know what companies we are with!!!!

I pay mine mostly through auto drafts or online..I htink I write 3 or 4 checks a month...for school lunches and the like

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

LocaMocaMom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:37 PM

Quoting audriesmommy:

My husband pays the bills.  He has everything set up in excel.  We sit down together once a week to write in all our purchases and see where we are.

Hey Thats a brilliant idea! I have excel too. Thanks I do need to work on more organization skills. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)