Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Plastic grocery bag ban * Poll*

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:54 PM
  • 47 Replies

Poll

Question: Are you for the plastic bag ban?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 86

View Results

What do you think about it?

I think its a great idea.I have been stocking up on the canvas bags and have to say I love them.I still occassionally get plastic because we use them as doggie poo bags.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brianav
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:55 PM
I need them to pick up dog poop. But I think it's a great idea!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MedicMommyAnne
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:57 PM
I wouldn't care either way. I have a bunch of the canvas bags and they are so much more convienant. But I do still occasionally get the plastic bags and use them as bathroom/bedroom garbage can liners.
robsgurl_23
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:57 PM

I have the canvas bags and I love using them cause they dont break on you if something heavy is in them..they should have done away with the plastic bags a long time ago and just offer the canvas bags. I do occasionally forget my canvas bags so I got to take the plastic bags but I use them for dirty diapers or the garbage cans in the bathroom and the cat litter as well..so the plastic bags do have some use but I can just buy a box of small garbage bags if needed...=)

armywifey26
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:57 PM

I have some of the canvas bags but I always forget to bring them with me when I go to the store. So I just end up getting plastic again. But I do use the plastic bags for other things. And I also recycle any extra.

thatgirl70
by Carin on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:57 PM

Its not a bad idea per se, but I'm notoriously forgetful about bringing my canvas bags when we go shopping.

pixie_trix
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:59 PM

I have no problem with it.  I've used canvas/reusable bags, for some time now. I actually prefer it.

A plastic bag ban was going to be brought up in the Legislature here in Oregon. But it never made it. The Senator sponsoring it gave up on it. Since it was dropped on the State level, I know that the city of Portland is considering a ban now. If it goes through it goes through. If it doesn't, it doesn't. Either way, I'll still be using my canvas bags.

BabieBerrie
we use canvas bags and a collapsible cooler for cold stuff, have been for years, it used to be for every reusable bag you used you got 5 cents off it adds up when you shop as often as me lol they dont do it anymore but its habit now. I do use the plastic bags for meats though
MAMAOF2ANGELS

I keep them in the car but then its just remembering to put them back in there when  you done lol.

Quoting armywifey26:

I have some of the canvas bags but I always forget to bring them with me when I go to the store. So I just end up getting plastic again. But I do use the plastic bags for other things. And I also recycle any extra.

jillbailey26
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:00 PM

We have a bunch of plastic bags.  We use them for trash bags in our little trash cans, like in the bathrooms.  We also use them for cat littler and all that kind of stuff.  You can also take them to some grocery stores and stick them in their recycling bins.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

RheaF
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:00 PM

I use the plastic bags to dispose of the cats liter and for many other things. I also never remember the canvas ones and when I do the cashiers treat them like they are a huge burden.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)