Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you let your kids wander the streets and play at strangers houses?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:57 PM
  • 24 Replies

I have 4 kids of my own,and 3 kids from 2 different families that come to my house just about everyday uninvited. I send them away and they just come back 20 minutes later. Yesterday around 5pm this lady who i dont know knocked on my door to ask me if I've seen her 5yr old son because "he was playing outside this morning and now i cant find him."  I hadnt seen him.She then went knocking on all the doors on my street and others for about 2 hours before she found him. Now him and his 3yo sister are out in my damn yard again today so clearly she didnt learn shit.

With all of the horrible things that could happen and children dissapearing everyday, how can someone let their child walk around town and just go to strangers houses to play. And on top of that we live 2 blocks away from 2 train tracks with trains going both ways. I'm just wondering do you think I'm overprotective? My kids arent allowed out of my fenced in yard without an adult.

MOMMY TO 4
SWEET LITTLE HEATHENS:)

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gulfcoastmom4
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:58 PM

At 3 and 5, no they shouldn't leave the yard without an adult.

Nature_Luvr
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:59 PM

My DD doesn't go outside alone, period. And she's 9.

LiesLiesLies
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:59 PM
Hell no I don't...but a lot of people do...its quite shocking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brianav
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:00 PM
Uh, NO!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mykidsrock234
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Hell no. My son just turned 5 and he doesn't even go outside alone. That woman is damn lucky. I will never understand how people can do that.

sherri6969
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:01 PM

This happened to us all last summer, and now it's starting back up. I don't mind if my son has friends, but the same 2 boys come to our door, day or night walking back and forth down the street, knocking on every door until they find someone with kids. That is ridiculous. Their parents aren't even home half the time and they are like 7 or 8.

armywifey26
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:01 PM

Hell no! My 7yr old DD is only allowed to play in the fenced in backyard by herself. She knows she is not allowed outside that fence without me! But we have kids around our neighborhood of all ages that just roam free. Even playing in the street. Plus they are always rude and will never move until you honk the horn or yell out your window to move their asses!

A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:02 PM

No...I dont.  The only place he is without me is at daycare and his grandparents house.

mykidsrock234
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Ahhh I know those type of kids!! lol Drives me crazy and pisses me off. They just sit/stand there staring at you, then when they DO move they just giggle. GRRR If you're not going to watch your kids at least teach them some dang manners. They'll be suing when someone accidentally hits their brat.

Quoting armywifey26:

Hell no! My 7yr old DD is only allowed to play in the fenced in backyard by herself. She knows she is not allowed outside that fence without me! But we have kids around our neighborhood of all ages that just roam free. Even playing in the street. Plus they are always rude and will never move until you honk the horn or yell out your window to move their asses!

Ashisexhausted1
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:05 PM

heck no..my son is 7..maybe when he is about 11 i will let him take a walk but i have to no where he is at all times!! my son isnt even allowed to spend the night with an aunt or uncle lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)