Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE give me a sign that labor isn't too far off!!!!! EDIT TO CLARIFY

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:59 PM
  • 7 Replies

My DH gets home next week after being gone for a month...I'll be 36.5 weeks.  DD hasn't dropped yet and I haven't lost any of my mucus plug.  My next appt isn't until 37wks (haven't seen my midwife since 32wks), so I'm hoping she'll at least tell me I've started dialating. 

All I know is that when DH gets home next week, we're going to do EVERYTHING possible to get the ball rolling...I don't want to go over my due date again like I did with DS, he was almost 2 weeks late!!! 

I'm just so ready for something to happen!

**And yes, I know the longer she stays in the better, but like I've said, DS was almost 2 weeks late and I don't want to go through that again.  I didn't even start natural labor with him until 12hrs before I was scheduled to be induced!

*******I do NOT want to have her early.  All I'm wanting is for the process to at least get started...For her to drop, for me to lose my mucus plug, SOMETHING. 

pregnancy week by week

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
excougarmama
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:01 PM

You still have a WHOLE MONTH to go! My niece was born just 4 weeks early and staying in NICU on a vent for 3 weeks and has all kinds of issues. You are being selfish.

ArmyWifey4907
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:04 PM

I think you misunderstood.  All I want is for the process to get STARTED and to not go 2 weeks past my due date.  Like I said, she hasn't even dropped yet and I'm pretty sure I haven't dialated at all.  I don't want to have her early, I just want to have her on time.

Quoting excougarmama:

You still have a WHOLE MONTH to go! My niece was born just 4 weeks early and staying in NICU on a vent for 3 weeks and has all kinds of issues. You are being selfish.

pregnancy week by week

excougarmama
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:06 PM

oh ok.....sry

hfs1998
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:10 PM

I'll be 38 wks tomorrow and I feel like NOTHING has happened.  My son was born at 35 wks and was perfectly fine (thank God).  My daughters were each born on their due dates.  I can't go too much past my due date because I am going for a vbac and I know I will have a fight on my hands the longer I go. 

So no advice but PLENTY of sympathy. :)

MovalMomsADMIN
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:12 PM

oh heck no im so use to having my kiddos  before their due date that i canot imagoine having to wait longer lol good luck!

jesi817
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:13 PM

id say walk as much as you can, and also get a yoga ball and bounce on that... thats how i got my labor started... but i was also very active as a pregnant person and was still actively waiting tables at 33 weeks! sooo yeah... i was lucky to not go into labor before 39 weeks... although i had many false alarms...

jesi817
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:14 PM

i wish you the best though! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)