Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wow, this is THAT bad?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:11 PM
  • 51 Replies

I don't cook on weekends. *GASP*

We eat out Friday-Sunday, lunch and dinner. I have a neighbor who thinks that is atrocious, some kind of abomination towards being a SAHM. I don't see why it's so bad... I cook a full breakfast, lunch, and dinner Monday-Friday...it's not like I don't cook at all. DH and I enjoy eating out and it works for us, the weekend is our time to just relax. To me, it's no different than other families who eat out 2-3 times a week, we just reserve it for the weekend. We can afford it, so why does it matter? Why does everyone have to judge others for how they choose to run their household? It's so silly to me. If it works for your family, great! Why get up in arms over something that really doesn't have anything to do with you? I don't get it, lol.

What do you do in your house that others have judged you for?

"Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." -1 John 4:7-8

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countryspun
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:12 PM

I am judged for being a SAHM.

BlessedToBMommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:12 PM

Damn I see no problem wit hit EXCEPT I'm jealous!! lol Its not like your a mom who orders all week because your too lazy or dont know how to cook, you cook all week so theres no reason you shouldnt eat out on weekends if you can afford it:)

mrs.sgt
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:13 PM

we out of for lunch Saturday & Sunday, and any other day hubby has off, but it's summer time so we're grilling all the time.

a guy in my husband's unit told my husband that he needed to "get me in line" because I didn't keep our house immaculate even though I don't work and our baby's not born yet.  this guy is 3 times divorced btw - hmm wonder why...

ErikaRobin

I get judged for judging you for not cooking.

Damn.

caitxrawks

*snort*

I haven't cooked a meal today, and I didn't yesterday. I was like Aw, screw it. I haven't been feeling good lately. I think my sleep apnea is messing me up again.

My mom is really the only one that judges me on a regular basis. She gets mad because I refuse to demand a dishwasher be installed in our kitchen. (We're renters.)

She gets mad because I refuse to demand that the doors be cut so air will flow more easily under them.

She gets mad because I shut my daughter's door when she sleeps and don't check on her every 2-3 minutes. (She's 17 months old remember, not a 2 week old.)

She gets mad because I actually DO cook. She complains about me trying new recipes and trying to expand my culinary skills.

I think she's jealous because she's a hoarder and it didn't rub off on me :-0

xXsweetieXx
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:14 PM

i have a friend like that, but worse. She probably only cooks two-three times a week.

she and her family are happy and healthy.

I see nothing wrong with it.

memento_mori
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:15 PM

I know how you feel. I get it alot from my family, they assume I'm settling or that I am unhappy or weak because of it, that I can't do anything myself simply because I don't work. But I LOVE being a SAHM. I don't know why that is so hard for people to understand...

Quoting countryspun:

I am judged for being a SAHM.

"Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." -1 John 4:7-8

PookaboosMom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:15 PM

If I could afford it, I would, you know it.  Lol.  We used to always go out for breakfast on the weekend, and order in for dinner. 

mommas3cubs
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:16 PM

I am judged because I am a submissive wife, and I enjoy catering to my husband, I get him drinks make his breakfast in the morning and his lunch for work..ect. My mother is always making snarky remarks about it...It has gotten to the point where I just don't care.

wedding websites

poshkat
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:16 PM

we do the same thing. i cook 3 meals a day for 5 days a week, and by the weekend i am done! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)