Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do you ask potential baby sitters?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:15 PM
  • 10 Replies
What do you ask potential baby sitters when you interview them? I have a couple of candidates that I will be talking to today and need to know what to cover? They will be caring for my kids in my home, I have checked references, decided on pay and know their experience. What else do I ask?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs.sgt
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:16 PM

references, pay expectations, driving record (if applicable) and CPR certification status.  that's all I can think of right now, but those are my big ones for when we need to get Melissa a sitter.

armywifey26
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Availability availability availability!! I can't stress that enough. You two have to be on the same page. It is so frustrating when you finally get a good babysitter and everytime you need them they can't make it! So make sure you put down ground rules on short notices or weekends, etc. You can't go into too much detail. Everything counts.

ladyvamp5489
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Ask about their dicipline methods, also if you can drop in to check on them anytime, what would they be doing to keep your kids busy if they do things with them or just let them freeplay. and how many kids they will be watching at one time. 

Crashly
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:18 PM
Ya its a really easy schedule mondays and fridays from 10:30 am-5 pm ish and occasionaly on thursdays from 3:30-5ish. But I will know those thursdays far in advance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommymandaleigh
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Drivers License, discipline methods, do they smoke, what they would do in the event of an emergency ( I am sure you can throw out a few examples), CPR certification, background check for sure, references, morals, etc

Crashly
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:20 PM
Unfortunately no, I won't be able to drop in, the commute is a little to far for that. And its 4 kids, ages 12, 11, 9, and 2. The older three will already have their chores and duties outlined, older 2 have cell phones so they can call if anything isn't right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crashly
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:21 PM
Unfortunately no, I won't be able to drop in, the commute is a little to far for that. And its 4 kids, ages 12, 11, 9, and 2. The older three will already have their chores and duties outlined, older 2 have cell phones so they can call if anything isn't right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crashly
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelticLady
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Find out what her expectations are for you and your family. If she doesn't seem concerned about the safety of your child I wouldn't consider them. DO they make sure you have all the contact info available? Does she make sure she knows your little one's schedule? So much can be said by whet they ask you!

Crashly
Sorry my BB just posted that WAY to many times!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)