Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When its amazing he makes a face ;)

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:22 PM
  • 21 Replies

When my SO and I go out to dinner and he orders his food if its really good he makes this face, like rolling his eyes and saying wow lol. I have YET to make him do this when I make dinner and its starting to make me mad! He tried to fake it once but I know him to well and i so didn't fall for it. My question is, do you have any recipes that you make for dinner that your SO absolutely loves and maybe makes a face or maybe my SO is the only weird one!

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SavageMom86
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Nope. lol. the best thing I make is enchiladas, his family is mexican, and he says mine aren't as good.. Hey, I tried.. lol

armywifey26
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:25 PM

There ae a few recipes of mine that when he asks what's for dinner and I name them his face gets all relaxed with his eyes half closed and he does the "mmmmmmmmmmmm" face. Lol. Everytime never fails.

thatgirl70
by Carin on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Well even I think restaurant food (and I'm not talking about McDonald's here) is better than my own cooking. They have professional chefs after all. Can't blame a guy for swooning over a restaurant meal, LOL.

Sorry no advice, I'm amateur at best.

momto3girls0620
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:26 PM

homemade jambalaya

mommymandaleigh
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:27 PM

LOL sorry no advice but I do think that is funny !!! Maybe trick him and go get his favorite thing from a restaraunt and hide the bags and act like you spent all day cooking LOL IDK good luck to you !!

PookieMama13
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:29 PM

LOL i know but he has done it for a lot of different food, even his OWN food but not mine!

Quoting thatgirl70:

Well even I think restaurant food (and I'm not talking about McDonald's here) is better than my own cooking. They have professional chefs after all. Can't blame a guy for swooning over a restaurant meal, LOL.

Sorry no advice, I'm amateur at best.

gexgirl
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:32 PM

My SO mkes  face when he likes it too ;) oh...yeah back to the food...He really likes my chicken pot pie. And Gumbo. And enchiladas. And stuffed bell peppers. And stuffed zucchinni.

ALLYMAMA1105
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:33 PM

My DH loves when i bake. strawberry shortcake or apple pie are his favorites. he likes when i make buffalo chicken pizza too.

lvnmylif
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:38 PM

My DH does this happy face for a few things I make.  The latest yummy recipe was an apple crisp.  I was even doing the happy food dance on that one.

kaitlynsmommy31
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Yup, Enchiladas.

I brown hamburger, drain grease and add taco seasoning, a little water and some chunky salsa. Simmer for 5 minutes or so.

Spoon meat mixture on flour tortillas with some refried beans(warmed beans work best)

Roll tortillas into burritos.

Open can of enchilada sauce and drizzle a little into the bottom of a glass 10x13 pan line rolled burritos sides touching in pan.

Drizzle the rest of the enchilada sauce ontop of the burritos.

Cover with grated cheddar cheese. We actually use colby jack

top with sliced black olives and green onion. (both are optional)

And bake at 350 for about 30-40 minutes until the center is warm and cheese is golden and bubbly.

They aren't like authentic enchiladas but its my husbands favorite!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)