Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diaper rash advice! I need help!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:46 PM
  • 9 Replies

My youngest, Xander, has one helluva diaper rash, seriously, to the point where he screams when I wipe his little butt. There is some spots where its so raw that it bleeds a little bit.. I have been using cornstarch, and that seems to be working a little bit, but hes in so much pain, and I feel so bad for the little guy. He is 9 months old, and has 8 teeth, some new, so maybe that is a reason for the break out, but his older brother, Jaxson, who is 2 has never had a real problem with diaper rash. Any help on the subject?

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
AanJsmomma
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:50 PM
Call your dr. And get a medicated intment from your dr. If its bleeding then its pretty bad!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicsone
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Use a wet washrag not wipes. Make a bath w/ cornstarch n let him soak in it. Let his little tush air dry a little in between changes and put some type of barrier cream on him to protect him, I use A&D or butt paste

Significant
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Definitely call your doctor. I use destine and when my son has a mild rash it goes away in 2-3 days. Maybe your doc has something stronger. Take off his diaper from time to time, let him go naked. It should help a lot.

countryspun
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:53 PM

Keep up with the cornstarch. It works wonders. Also use a wet washcloth instead of wipes until it is gone. Giving his tush a break from the harshness of the wipes may help some too. Also Boudreuax's butt paste is wonderful. Good luck. We have a 9 month old son teething also.

Cymbeline
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Don't use cornstarch. It may be a yeast infection on the skin, and cornstarch will feed it. Get him to the doctor for Nystatin cream asap.

ShadowRaven
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:59 PM

For most of ds's diaper rashes, I do a thin layer of Neosporin with a thick layer of butt paste on top of it. It works for everything (except yeast infections) and it usually goes away within a couple of hours.

mysticalmalissa
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Corn starch!!!!

When my son got a bad rash, I tried everything you could buy over the counter. Went to the doctor, and he suggested the  corn starch. It worked miricles and cleared him up with in a couple days, but soothed him immediately.

Good luck =)

ohmami88
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Thanks for the responses ladies, I will call his doctor tomorrow to make an appointment if I can't get the rash to clear up.

Luvmy2Boys85
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:15 PM

I used triple paste when my son had a very bad diaper rash and it worked wonders!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)