Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please tell me I'm not alone.

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:10 PM
  • 25 Replies

Does anyone else Dh have a low sex drive? I'm lucky if I get it once a week. I'm starting to realize that it's nothing to do with me but some kind of chemical imbalance with him but being turned down night after night does take a toll on a girl. i've never been good with rejection and now I live with it on a daily basis. I'm starting today to cook a lot healthier then I did before and maybe try some new stuff to want him to want me more. if any of you have ever dealt with this how did you get over and beyond it?

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smurfbitebug
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:11 PM

he can talk to his doctor about getting some doses of testosterone if it's bad enough to do so.

audriesmommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:12 PM

He should go to a doctor.  It can be linked to a low testosterone level.  There are things that he can do for it.

bananahammock1

Im sorry :(

Ive never been in this situation but heres a bump :)

smurfbitebug

plus: feed him a diet that is rich in Zinc. all things zinc.

Christy644

Once a week!!! Damn I'd kill to get it once a month!!!!! Its been almost 2 months. DH has ZERO sex drive right now. He is stressed and working long hours.

I have tried talking to him about it. It really bothers me a lot. He doesn't understand.

barrelracer1699
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:13 PM

It could be he has too much stress or as listed above!!! Stress is a big one on low sex drive

smurfbitebug
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:13 PM

DH doesn't have this but i'm a reader. ;o) so when we were TTC i came across several, several articles on this.

liz.1986
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:13 PM

I'm not currently dealing with it but I have. I worked with him for a long time trying to figure out what was the cause of his low sex drive and he finally admitted to me that he was depressed. So I convinced him to go to a psychiatrist and get on anti-depressants (it took awhile for me to talk him into this) and then his mood went up along with his sex drive.

Or it could just be a phase. How long has it been going on (or not going on lol)?

lisa601
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:14 PM

I agree, he should see his dr.  I just remembered what Dr. Oz says about men, "your penis is the dipstick to your health." 

gulfcoastmom4
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:15 PM

No, mine has a good sex drive.

A few ??, does he work out, take vitimens, is he overweight, overeat?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)