Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I wrong?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:13 PM
  • 18 Replies

I am divorced and I have sole custody of my children  with reasonable visitation as set up by the parents I was awarded that August 24, 2009. That day my ex came to see them. Sadly that would be the last time.

Fast forward to today he has moved out of state (without notifying the courts clearly stated in the court order) back to his mothers he went 4 months without paying me child support  and started paying ONLY after I told DCS where he was in 9 months he has called the kids on his OWN twice His mother has called once a month since December. She called to tell me that she was handling her 28 yr old sons affairs from now on. Then told me how I screwed him over. He was the one that walked out on me, called the police b/c I caled and asd for money b/c I needed pampers for our son, stole my checkbook, and left me without a car, also telling me if I want money I need to take him to court. She tells me 521 a month is to much for her son to pay. also telling me My current husband has no right to answer the phone in MY house. The Icing would be that I am wong for filing taxes and not allowing him to file one of the kids

So a little back history there now where I am asking if I am wrong. She wants the kids for the summer and I frankly DO NOT TRUST her My babies are 7 6 and 3 and not once has their father asked to see them not even an attempt in 9 months. In the past she has accused me of abusing my daughter (b/c she was in a closet sliding the door open and close laughing her butt off when she opened and I'd go BOO!) called CPS and filed a false claim ( I knew it was her b/c the things the worer said) Told her son to leave me as she drove to the state we were in to take him home with her and leave me in a state near their family by myself LONG story short I dont trust her to give my children back but she is more then welcome with NOTICE  she can come visit. But my gut and heart tell me NOT to send them to a different state. Their father hasnt asked for them and she hasnt seen them since 2008 am I wrong?

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lindseyjay347
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Not sure. Never had to deal with any of this but heres a BUMP! good luck momma

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:17 PM

NO, you are not wrong. she doens't respect you and will not put the best interests of the children first. don't send them there. it's the last time you'll see them.

Kharma25
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Morally, I don't feel you are wrong at all.  But I'd definitely look into the laws.  Did you have a visitation schedule set up in your divorce and custody agreement?

Check into abandonment laws in your state, as well as grandparent rights.  They vary from state to state, so really, no one here can give you a solid answer without knowing what state you live in, how visitation was agreed upon, and your state's laws.

I'd do all this to protect yourself.

ddhb2007
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:27 PM
I would say no too. If your divorce papers don't specify that she has visitation I wouldn't let her take them out of state.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
clhelms
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:30 PM

What does your court order say?  Does she have visitation rights?.  Does he get summer vistations?  If you don't trust her and your order doesn't allow for either of those then I wouldn't send them.  Especially to a different state with a dad who hasn't seen them in months and a grandma that seems to be a bit off her rocker.  If they want summer visitation tell them to go back to court and ask for it. 

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:31 PM
I would never send my kids to stay with someone they haven't seen in over two years and probably don't remember.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KMAsMommy9182
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Follow your gut.  I wouldn't hand my daughter over to anyone who I don't completely trust, especially for so long.  I wouldn't even let her take them somewhere by herself if she does visit...I'd worry that she would never bring them back.  Good luck.

Linds2Horse
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:31 PM

I don't think you're wrong for not wanting them to spend the Summer with her. More importantly, it would be hard for your kids to be that far away from home for an extended period of time with someone they aren't familiar with and probably don't remember.

rreaves13
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:36 PM

HELL NO!!! You have sole custody of those babies....I also have a sperm donor is my word for the piece of shit for my seven yr old. He left the state and didn't look back. If he or his momma wanted to see my lil girl they would come to me with visitation only if I let them!!

kysmom642
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:36 PM

I dont think you are wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)