Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

could it be diaper rash?? (don't open if your easily offended) *UPDATE IN RED**UPDATE AGAIN IN BLUE*

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:15 PM
  • 18 Replies

my baby boys balls are all red, started a little pink this morning i didn't have time to put cream on it this morning as i was rushing out the door and after i got home changed him (he was with his aunt all morning and she probably didn't put any on either) and now his balls are all red and so is his but crack which is usually where his diaper rash starts. but i've never seen diaper rash on a baby's balls. and i've recently switched from pampers to the cheep diapers in the green packaging i'm not sure the brand name all i knew is that i had to get diapers and formula with $20 and those were $3 and pampers were $8. their a generic but i thought he'd be fine since i'd used that brand of wipes and were more than half way through a pack of 32 and it's just starting... if it gets worse i'll post pictures.

so my MIL bought a pack of luvs for him this morning as i have no money, i imedately changed him into a luvs, i wiped him off completely with a wipe (we put vasoline on him at night becasue he sleeps al night and it helps prevent diaper rash) put on a luvs diaper and put desitine all over his area down there. i haven't changed him since then but i'm going to keep cream on him. i gave him a cool bath last night and let him soak until he peed in the water then i took him out and rinsed him off and let him air dry with a towel wraped around him incase he peed. hopefully it gets better! wish me luck.

so he's been wearing luvs for two days with frequent changing and desitine which is wiped completely off and re applied at each changing and it's clearing up. i knew it was the diapers, my uncle bought us a box of like 92 wipes that we've been using for a little more than two months so i knew it wasn't that. stupid cheap diapers. i'm never buying off brand diapers again.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Netta
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:22 PM

yea it gotta be when i switch from huggies and pampers to luvs it broke son out so just put some cream on it everytime u change him some pampers are made from diffrent materials its a boy

momto3girls0620
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:23 PM

yea i wouldn't post pics if i were you ...but the cheap diapers always gave my girls a rash

i.love.mike
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:24 PM

It is probably diaper rash. 

mmnc1m

When my babies were little they couldn't use certain diapers. Like white cloud, pampers, luv's.. Pretty much anything except huggies. The pampers and white cloud were the worst.  I would get some desiten or butt paste.. Or you could use corn starch.. Also I would let him air out.  Let him go without a diaper for a lil while. That helped us out the most. Good luck!!!!

jojosmama1228

that's what i was thinking but i've used huggies pampers luvs adn meijer brand and switching doesn't bother him one bit. maybe it's just this one brand though.

Quoting Mrs.Netta:

yea it gotta be when i switch from huggies and pampers to luvs it broke son out so just put some cream on it everytime u change him some pampers are made from diffrent materials its a boy

CafeMom Tickers
Pam_8787
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:25 PM
Yep sounds like a rash to me. My son has a rash on his penis from having diaherria for a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christy78
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:26 PM

It could be the Cheap diapers .

HLoeffler08
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:27 PM

Sounds like a rash from the different diapers..my son gets diaper rash from diaherria from teething soo bad..

adon87
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:28 PM

When my daughter was younger we tried to switch to the generic diapers and she got a rash so bad that we ended having to go to the dr. She ended having to get some medicated cream to clear it up. When we switched back to the previous brand it never came back....

Good Luck.

KeaganzMom2007
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:29 PM
How old is he? My son wore huggies up til he turned 1 all of a sudden he got the same exact rash your talking about! Never before that has he had a rash! I switched to pampers for a year then he was potty trained!

Quoting jojosmama1228:

that's what i was thinking but i've used huggies pampers luvs adn meijer brand and switching doesn't bother him one bit. maybe it's just this one brand though.

Quoting Mrs.Netta:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)