Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Apparantly one of my relatives was a murderer

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:41 PM
  • 6 Replies

I do not know much about my moms side of the family, and with her becomming sick recently I was asking questions about her mom and dad and grandparents. I know my moms mom had 5 kids by 5 men and also had 2 stillborn births of one set of tripletsand one set of twins. She passed away in 83' at 52 y/o from cancer. My moms dad tried to kill her as an infant by flicking a lit cigarette into her bassinet, burning her eye and making her blind in that eye permanently.

Okay so I had never asked about my great-grandparents since I dont even remember my moms mom at all. I was only 4.5 when she died and only met her a handful of times.

My mom told me that her grandmother on her moms side was abused by her husband for like 30+yrs, but she stayed a faithful wife until he got sick. No one really knows what he had but he took meds to stay alive, I am assuming heart problems. His wife stopped giving him his meds and when he started to die she doused the house with an accelerant and set the whole house on fire including herself.

I was in shock to say the least, and found it quite interesting too.

Im trying to get names of relatives from that side of the family to do some research. My mom doesnt know her grandmothers name since they never met, she is trying to see if any of her older siblings know it.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mrs.sgt
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:46 PM
Have you tried ancestry.com? That's a pretty crazy history but kind of interesting at the same time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dre_bunny
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Interesting....

2and2onway
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:04 PM

My Uncle Bobby the oldest of the 5 is undergoing heart surgery as we speak, so it will be a few weeks before we can talk to him and his sister. They live in LV and would know the most, as soon as we know my uncle is doing well my mom is going to email him.

Quoting mrs.sgt:

Have you tried ancestry.com? That's a pretty crazy history but kind of interesting at the same time.

momto2boys973
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Well... at least your mother's maiden name isn't "Berkowitz".... :) And I'm actually not related to *that* Berkowitz in any way. Still it raises a few eyebrows, so I'm glad I live in Mexico where not many people know that story, LOL.

Sharon

allurasmamma
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:09 PM

Sounds like my family.

2and2onway
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:15 PM

Quoting momto2boys973:

Well... at least your mother's maiden name isn't "Berkowitz".... :) And I'm actually not related to *that* Berkowitz in any way. Still it raises a few eyebrows, so I'm glad I live in Mexico where not many people know that story, LOL.

Sharon

except for a few wanna be small bit actresses i dont think I am related to anyone famous or infamous.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)