Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rash, Help! *Update*

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:44 PM
  • 18 Replies

Hi ladies,

DD is about to be 3. Earlier she had one of these spots, I thought it was a bug bite. Now it's spread. There are about 13 of them now, concentrated on her right side. She does not have a fever, but she did 2 days ago and had a stomach bug also. Any clue what this could be? And yes, I'm calling her pedi but since it's after hours and I'll be waiting for a call back for a while so I thought I'd ask here.

I'm worried about DD and myself. I have a very, very compromised immune system. I'm at the "nadir" point inbetween my chemo treatments, meaning my WBC count is only about 1.7 right now. I am not allowed out of the house at all right now, so I'm a bit worried as to what it could be.

Update: The pedi still has not called back but I sent a picture to my in-laws since they are both doctors. My MIL says she believes it is chicken pox. Now I'm just waiting on the pedi to call back to see if they want me to bring her in and I need to call my oncologist to find out if I am at any risk even though I've already had it.

Another update: Pedi called back. They want to see her tomorrow if it spreads more.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."- Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiebrubaker

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CallieLynsMommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:48 PM

BUMP!

jojosmama1228
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:50 PM

looks like chicken pox. the dr will tell you to isolate her from anyone who hasn't had them and let it run its course.

CallieLynsMommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Oh gosh really?! She was vaxed against that too.

:(

Quoting jojosmama1228:

looks like chicken pox. the dr will tell you to isolate her from anyone who hasn't had them and let it run its course.

CallieLynsMommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:58 PM

BUMP!

highbridgemom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:01 PM

Quoting CallieLynsMommy:

Quoting jojosmama1228:

My youngest got chicken pox FROM the vaccine. *sigh*  But that's kinda what it looked like on him.  He only had maybe 15 to 20 spots total, mostly on his chest and back.  The doc said that it wasn't nearly as contagious as if he'd gotten it from another kid though. 

dylansmom08
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:02 PM
Have you changed soaps or laundry detergent recently? It looks more like an allergy type rash to me, I've had chicken pox and if she had that many spots on her she would be sick already. When I had it I was running a fever, throwing up, hurting all over and could barely even stand to move without aching all over.
CallieLynsMommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:04 PM

Oh gosh, she had the vax forever ago. We took her to Universal this weekend, maybe she picked it up there? I'm waiting for the doc to call back.

Quoting highbridgemom:

Quoting CallieLynsMommy:

Quoting jojosmama1228:

My youngest got chicken pox FROM the vaccine. *sigh*  But that's kinda what it looked like on him.  He only had maybe 15 to 20 spots total, mostly on his chest and back.  The doc said that it wasn't nearly as contagious as if he'd gotten it from another kid though. 

CallieLynsMommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Nope, nothing. We keep everything the same because of me (the chemo makes me susceptible to skin rashes from soaps, etc). She seems fine right now but yesterday and the day before she had a fever (101-102) and her tummy was really bothering her.

Quoting dylansmom08:

Have you changed soaps or laundry detergent recently? It looks more like an allergy type rash to me, I've had chicken pox and if she had that many spots on her she would be sick already. When I had it I was running a fever, throwing up, hurting all over and could barely even stand to move without aching all over.

jojosmama1228
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:07 PM

when did she get the shot?? because when i got it as a child my brother sister and 3 cousins did as well, at a clinic and we all got then within a month. but atleast we had someone to play with.

Quoting CallieLynsMommy:

Quoting jojosmama1228:

CafeMom Tickers
jojosmama1228
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:10 PM

i'd def say chicken pox. take her to a dr just to be safe. my sister got them so bad they were on her eyeballs!

Quoting CallieLynsMommy:

Nope, nothing. We keep everything the same because of me (the chemo makes me susceptible to skin rashes from soaps, etc). She seems fine right now but yesterday and the day before she had a fever (101-102) and her tummy was really bothering her.

Quoting dylansmom08:

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)