Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Music&Swearing&Cars

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:55 PM
  • 7 Replies

Do you listen to music when you drive with the kids in the car? What kind of music is it? Does it have swearing in it? Does your SO listen to different music when he is driving with the kids in the car?

Do you think the volume and language of the music matter if you are pregnant (alone) and driving?

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Not.So.Virginal
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:00 PM

I don't think volume while pregnant matters unless it's at its absolute loudest.......

as for music, i dont drive so if we're in some1's car, we listen to what they are listening too.... if it's too loud, i ask them to turn it down so it wont hurt my son's ears, but most people I ride with are polite about it and have it turned down before I get him in.

The husband typically plays dave matthews or thomas the train for him

it's linked, click it... you know you wanna!

Check out my Blog, where I review different products and services.

serioussifL
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:02 PM

BUMP!

_mimimosley_
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:02 PM

the kids listen to what we listen to, r&b hip hop yeah some cussing is in it, but it's not like my kids are back there singing w/ it, or repeat it =)

aridattebayo
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:04 PM

We listen to whatever in the car. My three year old wasn't really affected by the swearing... she knew who it was, and she knew that he says bad words that she shouldn't repeat. (We listen to loud metal music... European metal.)

As for volume... I sit my netbook on my tummy or close to it (not too close, of course) turn up the volume and play some tunes. Lulli loves it IMO (and I get kicked quite a bit). I don't really think it bothers fetuses... they have skin, uterus, amniotic fluid... so the loudness doesn't really get to them... it probably just vibrates things a little, that's my guess. I only do it every once in awhile... not too much.

Oh, and fwiw... after drinking Mountain Dew, a cup of coffee, and eating candy... the only thing that got my one ex-friend's son to move after almost 24 hours of not moving (this was in her third trimester and she was not in labor).....

.... was Metallica.

one very metal mommy to a mini-metalhead - Arianna (1/15/07) \m/ & Pumpkin #2 due 10/28/10

My Blog

serioussifL
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:08 PM

BUMP!

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:11 PM

Well we have a three year old and a one year old and they both can hear and repeat everything so we only listen to good r&b, gospel, country or there cds in the car. We got rid of the cussing stuff before we ever had kids. I don't know about if you are pregnant thought I don't think your unborn baby could  make out the cuss words though.

MommyToTwo0408
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:12 PM

I usually listen to country or kid cd's (wiggles, barney, etc) when the kids are in the car.  I keep the bass and volume at a comfortable level, not too loud or too soft.  When both my kids were really little we'd have it on the front speakers and off on the ones in the back of the car.  We don't play music with cussing around the kids. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)