Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My first attempt at a major photo edit **Pic heavy**

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:00 PM
  • 105 Replies

So this was my first major attempt at photoediting. I think it came out pretty good. What do you think ladies? Oh and this is just about the edit, not what it says or anything. Be nice and if you can't please don't bother commenting. Thank you.

This is another photo I will add some more as I edit them. If you know of other sites besides picnik.com that I don't have to download please let me know. Thank you.

This is my newest one. I am still working on others.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wife.and.mommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:03 PM

i just want to know why you would ask for an opinion if you dont want to hear the bad with the good.  why dont you just say, LIKE MY PHOTOEDIT, because it's what i want to hear.  again why ask what do you think?

angelgirl0225
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:05 PM

I give the warning because I hate thr drama and since I have been putting the warning a lot of the drama in my posts have gone down. I don't want opinions on what the photo is about, just if it is a good photo edit. I want opinions on how I edited it, not what I edited.

Quoting wife.and.mommy:

i just want to know why you would ask for an opinion if you dont want to hear the bad with the good.  why dont you just say, LIKE MY PHOTOEDIT, because it's what i want to hear.  again why ask what do you think?

erin6704
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:09 PM

It seemed like she wanted bad or good comments about her picture edit but maybe not about anything else such as how others feel about pageants. I know how you feel though the site seems to have gone from a place where you get help and make good friends to a place where you get criticized for every little thing.

Quoting angelgirl0225:

I give the warning because I hate thr drama and since I have been putting the warning a lot of the drama in my posts have gone down. I don't want opinions on what the photo is about, just if it is a good photo edit. I want opinions on how I edited it, not what I edited.

Quoting wife.and.mommy:

erin6704
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Oh and by the way I think it's cute! good

angelgirl0225
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:11 PM

Erin exactly. I am trying to make a portfolio and only have photo edits from other cafemoms and I want some to be my own but look nice.

Quoting erin6704:

It seemed like she wanted bad or good comments about her picture edit but maybe not about anything else such as how others feel about pageants. I know how you feel though the site seems to have gone from a place where you get help and make good friends to a place where you get criticized for every little thing.

Quoting angelgirl0225:

Quoting wife.and.mommy:

angelgirl0225
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Thank you. :)

Quoting erin6704:

Oh and by the way I think it's cute! good

briansmommy7143
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:14 PM

As always, I'll keep my opinion on pageants to myself, but I have noticed that every post you make is somehow pageant related. Do you enjoy the debate? Good for you for being proud, but maybe try posting other things about your beautiful daugther. I'm sure there is much more to her than just pageants. Not criticizing, just a suggestion.

As for the edit, I'm not sure if it's just my computer, but the photos look a little fuzzy, like her eye in the middle picture looks weird. Could be my computer though. Other than that, it looks very nice!

natural_parenting.png picture by kwright9608

Mommy of 2 Wonderful Boys!

PookaboosMom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:15 PM

The two photos to the right are both slanting at the same angle, making the photo on the left look misaligned or out of place...Also I don't think the background color and the font colors go very well together.  That's what I think, not trying to be mean, just honest.

angelgirl0225
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Well I have only done posts like that in May because she had a pageant. Lately I have been making other posts. I just make the warning on the bottom due to people who like to start things.

But thank you on the photo edit I am trying to make them cute and will add a few more photos later. I am working on one now.

Quoting briansmommy7143:

As always, I'll keep my opinion on pageants to myself, but I have noticed that every post you make is somehow pageant related. Do you enjoy the debate? Good for you for being proud, but maybe try posting other things about your beautiful daugther. I'm sure there is much more to her than just pageants. Not criticizing, just a suggestion.

As for the edit, I'm not sure if it's just my computer, but the photos look a little fuzzy, like her eye in the middle picture looks weird. Could be my computer though. Other than that, it looks very nice!

PookaboosMom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Also, maybe try getting rid of the time stamp on the center photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)