Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is not a bill!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:41 PM
  • 37 Replies

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes it is. I am so irritated with my medical coverage and maybe its just because growing up everything medical related was free, so I don't know how coverage is handled when you actually pay for something so it confuses me but we go to the doctor then a few weeks/, months later we get a bill, the bill will say how much is due. So I will send a check you know like you do with bills. Then they will send me a check basically giving me my money back. Why do they send me bills if I don't owe them money?? I don't understand this and I don't have time to call them every-time they send me a non bill. I am just noticing that on the first page it says how much I own, but on the second page it says this is not a bill. IF its not a bill then stop sending me this stuff. I don't care to know how much my insurance is paying send the bill to them, if I don't own anything don't send me anything. Then I keep losing thing dinky checks because I forget to cash them so I am actually loseing money. Ugh!!!!!!!!!! Does anyone else know what I am talking about???

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
toadysmommy09
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:42 PM

lol most places are required to send you proof how what they charged your insurance

WhitleyLyles
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Yeah they are sending you that because it is required to cover their asses.

lvnmylif
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Thank goodness I'm not the only one.  I swear they send me bills all the time then when I pay it they send the money back.  If it's not a bill why does it have the 60 days late thing at the bottom.  I swear it drives me crazy.  The last round was with my OB's office.  I'm rather familiar with them and the secretary called me personally asking me why I sent in a few hundred dollars.  I was like well I received a bill from your office.  She was like no the insurance paid it already.  Then why in the world did I get a bill.  Your wasting trees people.

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:44 PM

really?? That drives me nuts becasue it has ournames on it and it looks like a bill so I always think we owe money.

Quoting toadysmommy09:

lol most places are required to send you proof how what they charged your insurance

Inana
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:45 PM

I love your pics.  You have a beautiful family.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:45 PM

Quoting toadysmommy09:

Keep a pay day folder so you can deposit the checks they send back on pay day when you put work money in. Call them when they send the mock bill and then you can verify that it is indeed just proof of what insurance owes and not you.

Nature_Luvr
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:45 PM

Yes, I had this happen too when my daughter was in the hospital in February after her seizures. I kept getting bills for $1000 from the neurologist, until I called them, and they said, "Oh we already billed your insurance company".. Made no sense to me.

FooLynRoo
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:45 PM

wow are you serious? ask a friend or neighbor to help you then

IT IS NOT A BILL

it is a statement of what was charged to your insurance, what they paid out and IF any balance was left over that you will have to pay. .. and in that case that doctors office will bill you.

Quoting misssy2000:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes it is. I am so irritated with my medical coverage and maybe its just because growing up everything medical related was free, so I don't know how coverage is handled when you actually pay for something so it confuses me but we go to the doctor then a few weeks/, months later we get a bill, the bill will say how much is due. So I will send a check you know like you do with bills. Then they will send me a check basically giving me my money back. Why do they send me bills if I don't owe them money?? I don't understand this and I don't have time to call them every-time they send me a non bill. I am just noticing that on the first page it says how much I own, but on the second page it says this is not a bill. IF its not a bill then stop sending me this stuff. I don't care to know how much my insurance is paying send the bill to them, if I don't own anything don't send me anything. Then I keep losing thing dinky checks because I forget to cash them so I am actually loseing money. Ugh!!!!!!!!!! Does anyone else know what I am talking about???

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:46 PM

So you feeel my pain. Thats what I mean if I dont own nothing then there is no way it can be late. argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITs so confusing. I just have a fear of bills getting late fees, and stuff like that so  I get all freaked out and just pay them all.

Quoting lvnmylif:

Thank goodness I'm not the only one.  I swear they send me bills all the time then when I pay it they send the money back.  If it's not a bill why does it have the 60 days late thing at the bottom.  I swear it drives me crazy.  The last round was with my OB's office.  I'm rather familiar with them and the secretary called me personally asking me why I sent in a few hundred dollars.  I was like well I received a bill from your office.  She was like no the insurance paid it already.  Then why in the world did I get a bill.  Your wasting trees people.

FooLynRoo
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:47 PM

seriously - all of you cant understand that its a statement? Im shocked.

Well now you all know if it isays THIS IS NOT A BILL

dont PAY IT

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)