Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

EMERGENCY help w/ ideas please before saturday(party for teens)

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:43 PM
  • 4 Replies

We are giving my daughter a 8th grade graduation party because she is going in to high school next fall.We had a D.J. that was supposed to come and do music and cool lights and all that and we were going to have a BBQ.Now he just bailed on us at the last minute and on the invited we said there was going to be a DJ!So now we are scrambling to come up with somer ideas to keep the kids entertained.There will be about 17 kids boys and girls.We dont have hardly any extra money to spend so i need some cheap or home made type ideas that will be "cool" enough for teenagers.We thought of a tog or war but thats all i can come up with.It cant be messy and we thought of water baloons but we are renting a hall and dont want it getting all wet from the kids coming in and out so that doesnt work either.Please anyone with some ideas i would be so greatful for your imput right now.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
carlinaiden
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:44 PM

I have no idea. Good luck though! ANd have fun!

wife.and.mommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:46 PM

hire a new DJ... and if you put money down for the one that bailed i would sue him for what it cost to hire a new one on such short notice.  what did the contract say with your old DJ?  did he give you your deposit back

_mimimosley_
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Do a relay where each person has to run to the end of the line, put on a graduation gown and cap, take it back off, fold it neatly, and run back. Do guys against girls for better competition.

jess.dom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:57 PM

Tear paper into small strips and on each piece write a dare (or action like a chicken dance). Roll up the paper and place one in each balloon. Blow up the balloons and tie. Each player then has to choose a balloon and burst it with the needle. Then they have to do whatever dare is written on the paper they find inside their balloon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)