Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need potty training help!!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:55 PM
  • 4 Replies

ok my DS is will be 4 in 3 months. he is still not potty trained. he refuses to use the potty and when i try and get him to put his big boy undies on he throws a fit and says no i need my diaper. if he just not ready yet? i mean he is almost 4! i have been trying since he was 2 1/2 to get him to use the potty. he tells me when he needs to be changed and can take off and put on his clothes. everytime my DH goes to the bathroom he will ask him if he wants to go potty to. he screams no and runs off. i have no idea what to do! should i wait a little longer? is it true that its easier to potty train when they are a bit older? i dont want to wait to long. please help!!

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jltplk25
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:58 PM

We waited til DS was ready. Whenever he refused, we'd just back off and try again later. We used MMs as a reward. One for trying, two for peeing, four for pooping. Took only like 3 weeks and we stopped using rewards. He was a little over 3 years when he finally decided he was ready.

kearasmom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:58 PM

Not sure if it will help, but my aunt and uncle got my cousin trained by letting him go out on the porch and pee off it... so did some people I went to church with, and they had three boys.  Apparently, it's funny for them to do that.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:59 PM

BUMP!

luvbeinamommy68
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 10:44 AM

well i guess i will try again in a few weeks. i am really hoping to get him PT before his 4th bday. if not at least before we go to Disney!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)