Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sloppy Joe, Slop-Sloppy Joe

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:58 PM
  • 40 Replies

Does anyone else make sloppy joes from scratch or just me?  It is so easy and tastes so much better than the canned stuff.  Well, it tastes good for a sloppy joe anyway...lol. It isn't my favorite thing to eat, but my youngest son couldn't live without them.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jennifer_236
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:58 PM

I do both

devasmom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:59 PM

DH makes them. They are so good and I agree, wayyyy better than that Manwich stuff!

KandiceN
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:59 PM

That's so funny, we had sloppy joes for dinner.

I almost always make it from scratch, I think it tastes so much better, tonight we had the canned stuff, ugh.. even my 4yr was like 'Mom what'd you do this tastes funny." lol  I think we'll stick with home made.

Lilypie - (Cibd)

circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Never used the canned stuff. I don't like most canned stuff like that. It's pretty easy to make it yourself.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:59 PM

I make my own.....we dont care for manwich....and it is always good....and it is never the same twice...LOL

jennymitchell
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:00 PM

From scratch only.  I'm not a big fan of either but homemade tastes better and I actually know what's going in them!

PookaboosMom

My inlaws make it with just ketchup and onions...

sxybxmami

How do you make it from scratch? I always wanted to lean

mom2dane07

I love adam sandler. Ha! Anyway, I havent had them in years but i used the canned stuff. i would like a good recipe for homemade if anyone has one please.

taramac
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:00 PM

My family loves sloppy joes but I usually make them from the can.  Now, if I were to come across a good homemade recipe for them I would try that instead.  So if anyone wants to share a good sloppy joe recipe that would be awesome.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)