Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hair Extensions

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:04 PM
  • 23 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you get hair extensions?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 35

View Results

So, just wondering how many ladies would get hair extensions if they had the money?  What are your thoughts on them?

Before finding out I was pregnant I chopped my hair off.  I had pretty long hair and my husband was just dying to know what I looked like with short hair.  I would show him pictures but that wasn't good enough for him and he would continuously mention it, along with his dad.  His dad prefers short hair so his mom has a very short hair cut and has since I met her and probably most of her life...at least, she still had short hair when they married. 

Anyhow, I wasn't happy with the short hair and asked DH if he would mind if I got hair extensions.  He said he didn't care as long as we had the money.  Well I was making plans back in October and November to get them.  Until I found out I was pregnant.  Obviously I'm putting this whole hair extension idea on the back burner and my hair will probably be pretty long by the time I can even consider them again and I don't mind.  I'm looking forward to getting a bigger house anyhow and getting stuff for our new baby. 

I didn't just want them because of the short hair, the more I researched the more I wanted to try them and see what they were like.  Some women even get them just to put more volume in their hair and it looks awesome. 

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ErikaM27
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:07 PM

I would never get them.

Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:08 PM

nope, my hair is long and full enough as it is. plus, i wouldn't buy the cheap ones and the expensive ones are NOT in our budget! lol

chais_wifey
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:08 PM
I wouldnt
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
veganmommy04
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:11 PM

i've had the professional great quality ones done before.  i too chopped my hair off and i was getting frustrated and cutting it more, and i got them to keep me from cutting my hair so it would grow.  it grew, i loved them.  and actually later this month i am going to make an appointment to talk to my hair dresser about getting some more.  my hair is shoulder length now, but i want it longer and don't want to wait lol.  it will probably run over 2,000 for a full head, but if we can afford it i'm gonna do it.

shortysashious2
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:14 PM

You know what's funny, I've recently thought about cutting my hair to a better haircut until my hair grows out...oh please don't say I'm going to keep cutting it, lol.  Yeah hair extensions are expensive..it's ridiculous...I found someone who would do it cheaper than a lot of the other ones so that's where I was going to go and I had a consultation with her.  She was awesome.  Send me some pictures of before and after if you decide to do it.  :)

Quoting veganmommy04:

i've had the professional great quality ones done before.  i too chopped my hair off and i was getting frustrated and cutting it more, and i got them to keep me from cutting my hair so it would grow.  it grew, i loved them.  and actually later this month i am going to make an appointment to talk to my hair dresser about getting some more.  my hair is shoulder length now, but i want it longer and don't want to wait lol.  it will probably run over 2,000 for a full head, but if we can afford it i'm gonna do it.

imthatgirl728
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Sure as long as they were done well they look good. I would want them fused in.

shortysashious2
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:18 PM

BUMP!

mrs.sgt
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:20 PM

I highly doubt it, my hair ends up in a ponytail most of the time anyway.

veganmommy04
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Quoting shortysashious2:

You know what's funny, I've recently thought about cutting my hair to a better haircut until my hair grows out...oh please don't say I'm going to keep cutting it, lol.  Yeah hair extensions are expensive..it's ridiculous...I found someone who would do it cheaper than a lot of the other ones so that's where I was going to go and I had a consultation with her.  She was awesome.  Send me some pictures of before and after if you decide to do it.  :)

Quoting veganmommy04:

well i kept cutting mine cause as i grew it, it would get to these crap stages and i would get inpatient and cut it! lol.  my first set of extensions were 300 but i only got 30 of them put in on one side(my hair was too short on the other side and back for them to hold), so i had an asymetrical bob.  but i loved them!  they were great quality looked great and easy to take care of!  it will be later this month before i see her, but i'm gonna send you a friend request and i will totally send you before and after pics!

shortysashious2
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Thank you!  :)  I'll be looking for them.  Good luck and I'm completely envious!

Quoting veganmommy04:

Quoting shortysashious2:

Quoting veganmommy04:

well i kept cutting mine cause as i grew it, it would get to these crap stages and i would get inpatient and cut it! lol.  my first set of extensions were 300 but i only got 30 of them put in on one side(my hair was too short on the other side and back for them to hold), so i had an asymetrical bob.  but i loved them!  they were great quality looked great and easy to take care of!  it will be later this month before i see her, but i'm gonna send you a friend request and i will totally send you before and after pics!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)