Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm starting to doubt the name we've picked for our DD :(

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:12 PM
  • 22 Replies

Is it normal?  To have second-thoughts about what you're naming your kids, I mean?

We've decided to name her Abigail Pearl.  Abigail is what I'm kind of re-thinking.  I won't change the middle name, Pearl was DH's grandma and I promised we'd use it somehow.  But I'm starting to just kind of wonder if Abigail (Abby for short) is the right name.  We've had it picked out since like 14wks, before we even knew what we were having.  I'm almost 36wks now.  I have NO idea what else we would name her.

pregnancy week by week

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
devasmom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:15 PM

DH and I picked out a few names that we really liked and waited until our children were born to see which one fit them. I have, Eva Teresa, Vanessa Nichole and Derrick James.

zjonzie
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:15 PM

its normal, we had the name picked out for our dd then we werent sure.  it turns out that was her name and is now on the birth cert lol.  sometimes maybe you have to see her to know, my dd is macy jane and i cant imagine her with any other name ;)

SassyPainter
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:16 PM

There's nothing wrong with changing your mind.  Talk with your husband about it.  You might regret it later if you don't change it.

BTW I really like Pearl; it's very sweet and dignified. 

imthatgirl728
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:17 PM

It's very normal. By the time you get close to delivery you've said i so many times you get almost sick of it...but only because it isn;t linked to a person yet. When you do actually give that name to your child you won;t get sick of it, because it will mean soomething to you.

ErikaM27
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:18 PM

It's normal. When we had our 2nd right before doing the paperwork at the hospital after he was born I was asking my dh if thats what we were really picking LOL!

mrs.sgt
My husband is going thru this now too. We chose Melissa for her first name but he's having second thoughts. I'm only 24 weeks so we still have some time but we will see.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ddhb2007
I didn't name our daughter until after she was born. I walked into the delivery room with five first names, and I chose after she was born. I think it is pretty normal to rethink your choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asmcbride

That is perfectly normal. I would suggest picking out a "back up" name if you are really uncertain about it and then just wait and see which one suites you DD best when you see her. Good luck =) 

Dragonfly0004
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:19 PM

I was always 100% sure of my names. If your not maybe just read some name books and see if something jumps up at you'll know if the right name comes along.

circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:19 PM

I LOVE Pearl! That's my dds name, lol! Abigail is pretty and goes well with Pearl. But why not pick a couple more names to have in mind as well, and when she's born, you'll know which one to use :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)