Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wth anyone know what i am doing wrong?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:18 PM
  • 6 Replies

We are going on vacation in a few weeks and i went out and got the timers i need for my lights. I was wanting to put my tv and radio on a timer as well since there have been a lot of buglaries in my area as of lately. But for some reason the tv and the radio doesn't power on when it comes on with the timer. I still have to hit the power button. The lights do come on though.

So what  am i doing wrong? The police man i talked to said to put the tv and radio on timers to make it look like someone is home. Especially since there will be a car in my driveway at all times..but i can't figure out how to do it? Do i need special timers for the tv and radio? Please help..i'm so confused because like i said the lights come on like they are suppose to; its just the blasted radio and tv that doesn't.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
alexhuntercody
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:26 PM

bump

bikerchickmommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:29 PM

sorry no advice. nevery heard of something that could do that. something we should look into.

mrs.phillips123
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:30 PM

BUMP!

1stimemomof1
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Sorry I don't know.....all I remember from my grandparents house is they have timers on all the lights. Never heard that you can do it for the TV. Sorry....

alexhuntercody
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Quoting 1stimemomof1:

Sorry I don't know.....all I remember from my grandparents house is they have timers on all the lights. Never heard that you can do it for the TV. Sorry....

i didn't either but the police man i talked to at the station when i called asking about vacation safety when there are bad things taking place in your community he told me specifcally to get timers for the lights, radios and tvs that way the come on making it appear you are there.

TawnyR
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:36 PM
Look on the menu for your TV. You should be able to set it up using you tv or cable remote. No clue about the radio.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)