Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you feel about kids crying in restaurants?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:11 PM
  • 47 Replies
What's your opinion?
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myfoursonsks
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:14 PM

We never had that issue...never. My kids have always been forced to act right in public.  They know I am not going anywhere, but if they act up that they are going to be punished.  If it is an infant, I am not leaving because it is crying.  Infants cry sometimes, that is a part of life and people need to get over it.

Kellileanne
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:14 PM

Um, ok... I don't care what others think.  I have a 2 1/2 year old and sometimes she gets fussy and it takes me a minute to calm her or find something to distract her.  How are kids to learn if you just take them outside all the time--that just teaches them that they can get up out of their seat whenever they want.

baebear
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:16 PM

Quoting Kellileanne:

Um, ok... I don't care what others think.  I have a 2 1/2 year old and sometimes she gets fussy and it takes me a minute to calm her or find something to distract her.  How are kids to learn if you just take them outside all the time--that just teaches them that they can get up out of their seat whenever they want.

If you can`t dazzle them with brilliance...

then baffle them with bullshit

mom2wy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:16 PM

If my kids are really bad then I take them to the bathroom and we have a discussion but if it isnt really bad and they are just wanting attention then I give them warning and see if they calm down on their own!

happymama0609
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:16 PM

if DS cries we would take him outside till he calms down. We havent been out to eat though in a while, since DS was about a month old. We used to work in fast food though so we know how mad people get and how frustrated they get when a baby screams. We don't go out to eat anymore though lol

Aamy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:17 PM

I cant stand parents who sit there and let their kids scream and cry. Kids get upset, i know that, but you take them OUT till they have calmed down. My DD knows she has to behave in public. When she was smaller , or even now if she doesnt behave, we take her out to the car and she gets into trouble. But we hardly had to do that. We also used to order her food first, because we knew she was getting hungry and would start to fuss. 

IAmPregnant Ticker

sherry132
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:17 PM

It happens more often than it doesn't. People are not tolerant of screaming children.

myfoursonsks
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Yes, they learn how to act appropriately in public by being in public...not by hiding them away.

Quoting Kellileanne:

HotCouture
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Exactly...

Quoting myfoursonsks:

We never had that issue...never. My kids have always been forced to act right in public.  They know I am not going anywhere, but if they act up that they are going to be punished.  If it is an infant, I am not leaving because it is crying.  Infants cry sometimes, that is a part of life and people need to get over it.

imthatgirl728
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:18 PM

I honestly don;t care if other people's kids are crying. I'm not there to be entertained by them, and don't let such little things ruin my day.

I personally have never had my child cry in a restaurant, but I imagine those parents are having a hard enough time, why deny them dinner?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)