Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

THIS SUCKS

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:14 PM
  • 3 Replies

We live in a small townhouse. 1200sq feet. Which means that when its a little messed up, it looks trashed! And it drives dh nuts.

Cleaning up while a 17 month old roams is just not possible. I can keep his toys picked up and dust and whatnot but the vaccumming and mopping and what not has to wait. Mainly because i'd be vacumming 6x a day! And being honest, I don't pick up his toys after him all day long either, since thats a losing battle! So I pick up at naptime and before dinner, but it doesn't take long before they're thrown around again. And with a tiny living room, it looks like a tornado hit!

So DH likes a clean house. As do I... And every night, after ds goes to bed (930), I start my deep cleaning routine. I dust, vaccum, mop, organize, scrub the kitchen, and finish the laundry is necessary.

But gah! I don't usually get to crawl into bed until about 1130-12, and then its time for some quality time with dh. Meaning I'm not asleep until 1 at the EARLIEST. AND if I'm studying, i'm not in bed before 3!!! And then up by 7!!

Man, I hate it! LOL i'm sooo tired, and being pregnant isn't helping. What am I going to do when i have TWO kids?!?!?!

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
toadysmommy09
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Bump! No advice!?!?!?

kaidensmommy09
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:31 PM

what about straightening up during nap time and just re-straightening at night.. save deep cleaning for the weekends or sometime when your DH can either help you with deep cleaning or take your LO for a couple hours so you can get some cleaning done. It shouldnt be all on you to get the cleaning done.

toadysmommy09
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:38 PM

well dh is military and works crazy hours LOL most days hes in from 630 am to 7pm and exhausted. So i take it as my responsibility to clean lol.

And weekends (when he doesn't get called in to work lol!) we usually go out and have family time, since its rare we get that..

Quoting kaidensmommy09:

what about straightening up during nap time and just re-straightening at night.. save deep cleaning for the weekends or sometime when your DH can either help you with deep cleaning or take your LO for a couple hours so you can get some cleaning done. It shouldnt be all on you to get the cleaning done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)