Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I did it!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:18 PM
  • 6 Replies

I made orange creamsicle ice cream and it is goooooooooooood!  Here's my recipe.

• 2 cans evaporated milk
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 (20 ounce) bottle orange soda
  • enough milk to fill a 4 qt ice cream maker
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla

The soda made little crunchy ice peices like a slushy like I thought it would, but it's OK, I think it makes it better!  I was going to use jell-o or kool-aid powder, but I am glad my son insisted we use the orange drink, LOL. 

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
RendevouzDreams
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:29 PM

That sounds really good too. So you have to have a ice cream maker to make this.?

MommytoNandA
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Well, yeah.  Mine broke halfway through this though so I just stuck it in the freezer.  I have been stirring it every so often (about every 2 hrs) so it won't freeze rock solid.  It's actually working out pretty well. 

Quoting RendevouzDreams:

That sounds really good too. So you have to have a ice cream maker to make this.?

Aamy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:40 PM

OOOooo now i so want some creamsicles !!! Sounds yummy !!! 

IAmPregnant Ticker

unspecified42
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:42 PM

Hmm. Well, I must admit it doesn't *sound* good. lol. But I'll take your word for it!

Aamy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:43 PM

Quoting MommytoNandA:

Well, yeah.  Mine broke halfway through this though so I just stuck it in the freezer.  I have been stirring it every so often (about every 2 hrs) so it won't freeze rock solid.  It's actually working out pretty well. 

Quoting RendevouzDreams:

Or you can make an ice cream maker. Get a glass jar and a big coffee can. Put the ice cream makings into the glass jar, put the lid on. Put it in the coffee can. Fill the space around the jar with ice and salt. Secure coffee can lid on. This is where you get the kids involved, have them sit on the floor and roll the can back and forth. You will have to drain the coffee can every so often if there are no drain holes. You can do this out side and let the kids have fun. 

IAmPregnant Ticker

MommytoNandA
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:43 PM

It is I promise, it does sound a little weird, but it tastes just like creamsicles! 

Quoting unspecified42:

Hmm. Well, I must admit it doesn't *sound* good. lol. But I'll take your word for it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)