Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my son is a lier!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:18 PM
  • 8 Replies

Do your kids lie? I'm talking 3 and 4 y/os. My 4 y/o lies all the time.... one exp is if I put him in time out and he runsand tells my b/f that I spanked him, and he would witness the whole thing! He has told his sitter (who is a good friend of the fam and knows us really well) that my mom thew a toy at him and said she didnnt want him..... I KNOW my mother would never do or say that......Tells on other kids that they hit him or took something from him when they didn't........ All kinds of things that we all know isn't true.
What I'm scared of, is when he starts preschool in the fall is if he tells someone there that we spank or hurt or deprive him of something, when we don't.... he is the most loved attention getting kid in the world and is never hurt and not spanked much.... I don't know where this is comming from unless hibitual lying is hereditary b/c his "father" was. I'm scared b/c if he lies to someone at school, they will call CPS or something and try to get us in troube... we have nothing to worry about, I know, b/c he definatly dosn't act like an abused kid, no bruises besides the ones he gets when he plays rough, we have plenty of food in our home and he has his own room with bed and everything else he needs..... But, its still the embarrassment of being called on and people judging....
Anyone else go through anything like this?

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
key2ynot
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:21 PM

UGH my oldest has done that this year too!  He just turned 5 a few weeks ago and was telling little fibs like that all the time!  He's got a great imagination, but MAN was it pissing me off!  I think you will be fine - I just keep telling myself that it is a phase and we have had to have the 'truth/lie' discussion with him quite a few times but I think he finally gets it.  Hopefully it's just a short lived thing where they are testing their boundaries and both our boys will outgrow it fast!

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:25 PM

We have tried talking to him about lies.... he dosn't sit down and pay attention to anything for long and always tries to talk about everything else.... its so frustrating..... when we ask him if he understands, he always says he does, but he keeps doing it.

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:25 PM

BUMP!

key2ynot
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:27 PM

I'm sticking with the 'its a phase thing'  bc if not I'm screwed too!  My DS sounds just like yours!   But they are also at that age where they are testing limits and seeing what they can get away with.  Has anything new happened in your life?  Our issue seemed to have started a few months ago when our newest baby was born

coutterhill
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:29 PM

My 4 year old hasn't figured out lying yet, but my 6 year step son will lie to my face right after I see him so something. it's very irritating. we've had the talk a million times, but I think he is getting away from it at his mom's house and he only visits us.

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Yea, we had a baby a month ago... but this lying thing has been going on for a while.... so has his violence and anger.... I don't know where he is getting it... we all try to show him that we love eachother, me and b/f rarly argue and show physical love (hugging, kissing, nothing sexual, lol) We tell him we love him all the time and give him kisses and hugs (I try to more b/c of the baby being here and having to have alot of attention)

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:39 PM

BUMP!

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:43 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)