Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am a mean, bad mommy!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:33 PM
  • 6 Replies

Is it just me or do all toys that have disney/pixar on the tag cost 10 times the amount a regular toy does?  Seriously!  My son wants an RC Car, the new one it costs: $80, not only that he wants the dinosaur, a talking Mr Potato Head and a new Buzz and Woody, yeah they are all $50 each!  Not only that, but those stupid little aliens (the ones that do absolutely nothing, they don't even squeak) are $30 for 3 of them!  My kid uses his bedspread as a shopping list and every night I have to hear about everything he wants.  I love him to death and I want to get him these things, but I told him he has to wait until his birthday which is not even until September!  He was bawling tonight b/c his birthday is too far away and I am mean b/c I won't buy him any toys.  *sigh*  What a bad mommy! 

What do you do that makes your kids think you are mean??

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mamivon2
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:38 PM

What do I do that makes my kids call me mean: My dd 7y. I dont let her have candy 2 min before dinner, we dont go to her friends house at 8pm, she is not allowed to watch tv on a nice summer day.

I also have an 8y ds but he never calls me mean. He just slams the door

key2ynot
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:39 PM

What DON'T  I do!   :-P  lol

Mean moms have good kids. 

.stella.
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:41 PM

I know what you mean. My dd wants everything DORA like a backpack with that big headed doll is like 2times the price of a regular one. DS wants everything iron man, spider man and toy story. *sigh* regular stuff isn't as 'good' to them i suppose lol

MommytoNandA
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:41 PM

So true!  I should probably add, the kid has a ton of toys.  Just so people don't think I am depriving him, LOL.

Quoting key2ynot:

jucyfrut
by LITTLE BIT on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Sounds like it's going to be a long summer. 

Everything I do makes me a mean mom.  I've always been a meanie!!  Always repeating myself about table manners, cleaning up after themselves, announcing the fact that pee is on the seat or the floor (again), make them put their clothes away, take a shower and get ready for bed.............you name it........doesn't matter what I say..........

jucyfrut
by LITTLE BIT on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Yep!!  It would be great if I would just keep MY mouth shut and not say anything at all!!!   Well.....great for them......

Quoting key2ynot:

While you were too busy being so judgemental of others, you forgot to lock your closet door~~and all the skeletons fell out!!  OOPS!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)