Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I being silly about this?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:04 PM
  • 24 Replies

My husband found a truck he wanted on craigslist. I told him that we couldn't afford to use any of our money to buy it bc he still isn't working, if he wanted to buy it then he had to sell his other truck.  He scheduled the times to go look at the truck while I was at work...but I didn't think anything of it. The lady selling it said she would hold it for a few days until he sold his truck. He put his truck for sale for 2000 $$. He had it posted for 2 days and he was so afraid of losing this other one he sold his truck for the exact amount he was buying the new one for. No big deal right?

WRONG-while I am at work he sells his truck, picks up the new one and when I come home there is a rusted out piece of shit sitting in the driveway. The windshield is broken in 11, yes 11 different places, the interior is torn to hell and back. I was pissed bc he told me that there was a "small spot of rust that could be fixed w/ bondo" and a small crack in the windshield. He said it was in REALLY REALLY good shape. It is rusted completely thru around the whole truck, needs new tires and some work on the engine.

I feel really hurt that he lied to me and now he expects to use what little we have to fix this thing. There was NOTHING wrong w/ his other truck and now he has a truck he can't really drive and we are down to one car w/ him not working. I am pissed and I told him that I am hurt for him lying to me...am I being silly to be mad and hurt?

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Just_Bethy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:06 PM

I don't know much about trucks...But I would be mad as well...!!!!

brujachavez
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:07 PM

No your not silly! You guys a re a couple and he should of talked to you about it before he did that, he should of taken you to see that truck so that both of you could of made a decision. Sorry!

chais_wifey
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:07 PM
Nope. I would be pissed. Why would anyone trade a working truck for a non working truck? And he knew he was in the wrong or he wouldn't have lied about the condition of the car.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2wy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:08 PM

I would be pissed to. I would just tell him that he will be driving it the way it is till he gets a job.

FooLynRoo
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:10 PM

why did he do this?

tginn20
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:12 PM

Quoting chais_wifey:

Nope. I would be pissed. Why would anyone trade a working truck for a non working truck? And he knew he was in the wrong or he wouldn't have lied about the condition of the car.

He said " It will give me something to do during the day" I told him he needs to find a job during the day.

I am mad bc this isn't the first time he has lied to get something he wants..when he had a job a few months ago..he told me that he had to go on a business trip and when I told him we couldn't afford it, he told me the company was going to pay for it. No, a guy he worked w/ paid for anything and we had to pay everything back when he got back and quit his job.

Anisasauntie
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:14 PM

no def not silly at all!! this not something small at all!

chais_wifey
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:15 PM
That is a ridiculous response. So instead of getting a job and contributing to the family, he bought a car that requires money to fix? That's quite some logic there. And it really isn't cool for him to lie just to get his way. That is immature. I hope you get this worked out with him and make him realize why his behavior is unacceptable.

Quoting tginn20:

Quoting chais_wifey:

He said " It will give me something to do during the day" I told him he needs to find a job during the day.

I am mad bc this isn't the first time he has lied to get something he wants..when he had a job a few months ago..he told me that he had to go on a business trip and when I told him we couldn't afford it, he told me the company was going to pay for it. No, a guy he worked w/ paid for anything and we had to pay everything back when he got back and quit his job.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellasmom_01
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:16 PM

Why the Hell would he go and do that for?!?! You're not being silly about it at all, I'd be angry too!!

judybant
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:18 PM

oh no... you're right on, honey... my husband did the same thing... made a deal to trade a truck we had, with problems we knew about, for a POS vehicle that ended up needing over 3000.00 worth of work, JUST to make it legal to drive on the road. He got totally, royally screwed, and by default, so did I... then our other car, "my" car, the engine blew up on it. So there we were... NO vehicle in a driveable condition, and the A-hole that talked my husband into this "great" deal, of course, not disclosing ANY of the problems that were there, had the BALLS to drive by our house, and honk and wave at us, and then call later, and ask, "how's the Jimmy running?" BOY did I have some words for HIM! (and my husband, of course) I have TWO brothers who are master mechanics. But my stubborn ass husband REFUSES to ask either of them for ANY kind of help or advice where vehicles are concerned. He thinks it makes him look like "less of a man"... and I'm like... so... you'd rather look like a complete and utter DUMB ASS, than just ask one of them to put a vehicle you're thinking of buying, up on the hoist, and give it a thorough going over, so that your wife and infant son aren't stranded sometime without a vehicle? Okay then... bully for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)