Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CHRISTIANS....

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:34 PM
  • 18 Replies

Why did God come to earth as Jesus?

Besides salvation. 

I mean, specifically I was told once that God came basically to understand the human condition.

Was I misinformed or is this a common belief?

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:37 PM

I've never heard of that.  The way I see it is that God already knows the human condition.  He made us, he knows everything that we do.  Jesus was sent, I believe, to teach us and to bridge the gap between us and God that was caused by sin.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

i.heart.rachel
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:38 PM

God made us. He didn't have to come to earth to understand the human condition lol.

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:39 PM

ditto

Quoting jillbailey26:

I've never heard of that.  The way I see it is that God already knows the human condition.  He made us, he knows everything that we do.  Jesus was sent, I believe, to teach us and to bridge the gap between us and God that was caused by sin.

DreadyMom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:39 PM

Right. That is what I believe as well. But I have been told on more than one occasion that this is the reason. Which made no sense to me. So, I wanted to know if that is a common belief or not.

Quoting i.heart.rachel:

God made us. He didn't have to come to earth to understand the human condition lol.

amazingaudri
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:42 PM

I couldn't have said it better.

Quoting jillbailey26:

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

JasonsMom2007
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:44 PM
Yep Jesus took away our sims by dying on the cross so we can be closer to God

Quoting amazingaudri:

Quoting jillbailey26:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
busymom212
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Quoting jillbailey26:

Yep, he already knows the human condition....

RheaF
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:45 PM

I don't believe that. I know some do,but I believe in the three separatebeings God, Jesus, and the holy ghost. Jesus came to Earth to be our Atoning sacrifice. He knew before he came he would eventually die for our sins. He came also to teach.

mna_823
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Exactly

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Yep Jesus took away our sims by dying on the cross so we can be closer to God

Quoting amazingaudri:

Quoting jillbailey26:

M0M0F03
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Quoting jillbailey26:

You always say things so perfectly. I agree with her :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)