Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLS HELP ME FIND MY MIND....

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:36 PM
  • 6 Replies

I don't mean to complain but here i go......

I haven't slept a full night rest since my daughter was born(she is almost 6 month now) . she screams bloody murder when i put her too sleep wakes up anywhere from 2 to 6 times a night. Is grouchy most of the day even though i have her on a schedule. I breastfeed so now its me she wants ALL the time. I tried towait the 6 months til feeding your baby is recommended but i thought this is close enough she will be 6 months on the 16th.Maybe it would help her sleep. NOT. she doesn't want to swallow the rice cereal. And I had to give her gripe water both night i gave it to her for her to settle down and go to bed. plus i think she might be getting a rash from it. I feel like she is not even 6 months old and I'm screwing her up already.

I love her to death and i would do anything for my daughter. somedays are just so hard.And i know having babies isnt supost to be easy Im just tired and in need of some help and sleep.

I am grateful  for cafe mom to allow me to vent and have friends that understand and are helpful!!

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
babygirlsmom314
by Corinne on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:55 PM

Have you talked to the doctor about her crying so much?  I don't really have any advice to help.  Do you have anybody that could come over and watch your daughter while you take a nap?

Click above to join in.  You too could win a trophy and have fun doing it.

RoseWall
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:01 PM

huggles.

activitymode
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:04 PM

I'm sorry momma.  My oldest ds was the same way...  I eventually just learned to let him nurse whenever he wanted.  But he also had bad reflux issues.  He didnt even start eating solids until he ws 10months old.  If you ever want to talk please feel free!

jendawn1
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:05 PM

I have talked to the doctor... they haven't giving any reason of why it happening... and no i don't have anyone  to take her.Her father use to take her once and a while so i could take a shower but now i just bring her in the bathroom with the exersaucer. he will hang out with her while i cook dinner which i love. but other then that its me she wants.  I will give it a try to see if she will stay with him long enough for me to nap for a bit. THANK YOU

jendawn1
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:10 PM

10 months because of the reflux or because he didn't want to eat? did he still gain weight what about his iron?? I'mwondering now if i should wait to feed her rice cereal because of me having to give her gripe water... plus she did have reflux we she was smaller but i thought she was growing out of it because she wasn't throwing up as much and not screaming hours on end ... but maybe she still has it just not as bad never even thought to think of that .

LandisLady
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:13 PM

I had a similar issue with my first son. It turned out he had gastroesophogeal reflux and needed medicine to be comfortable, otherwise he wanted to nurse or have a bottle all of the time to keep the acids down and be happy.  Is she getting to sleep too much during the day? Is she teething?  Can you pump and have your significant other feed her or if you don't have one, perhaps a friend could care for her so you can rest on occasion?  Have you considered day care or respite care for a couple of days per week simply so you can get a break?  Have you tried a warm bath before bed for her? Perhaps using what we used as "anti monster under the bed or in the closet spray" which was a mixture of water and lavender oils, but the lavender was soothing and calming and helped the kids sleep.  Also, we play this same CD with bedtime and that worked with my littlest one brilliantly well.  I just established a routine of we took a warm bath and had a story.  Then we sprayed for monsters and tucked in.  Then mom played the CD and we went to sleep.  If my infant woke up, I did the normal "check" of diaper, needing food, etc. then restarted the CD and maybe read the first few pages of the story again.  That routine worked wonders.  Make sure you take care of yourself no matter what!  Exhausted mamas fall apart too easily.  We need our strength.  We need to be alert and happy and efficient and we aren't when we're entirely worn down by complete deprivation.  Maybe have someone watch your precious little one and then take a hot bath and a nap.  I would definitely consult a doctor just in case.  It could be a medical issue.  Don't let them simply tell you she's colicky at first... that's the default answer and make sure you explain the routine, the way she reacts, the amount of time she cries and the amount of time she sleeps and how often she wakes up. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)