Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hows business?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:38 PM
  • 8 Replies

Just thought I would ask, for those of you who live in states who have banned smoking anywhere that serves food or drink, how are businesses doing? Michigan went smoke free a month ago, and bars are not doing as well as they once were. Do you live in a state where they havent banned smoking? What would your feelings be if they did ban smoking?

My personal opinion on it is although I am a smoker, I completely agree with not having smoking in resturants, because children are there also, but for private clubs and bars, I don't see it should be banned. Although, I must admit, I like being able to come home from the bar not smelling like smoke.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
i.heart.rachel
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:38 PM

My town has banned the smoking and has done just fine. No clue on other areas.

FooLynRoo
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:40 PM

Yes - and bars and resturants are booming as much as the economy will allow - you might see a lull but people will get use to the idea that they dont have the right to infect everyone in  their general area - and grow big girl and boy pants and go back out again

JasonsMom2007
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:41 PM
It's been banned here for a long time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.sgt
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:41 PM
Business is just fine everywhere I've lived with the smoking ban.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:42 PM

I completely agree with not having smoking in resturants, because children are there also, but for private clubs and bars, I don't see it should be banned.

well my first to arguements here is why do children get the right not to get cancer from second hand smoke but adults dont?

secondly - all resturants and bars and the like are PRIVATELY owned. unless you know of some goverment cafeteria somewhere.

pinnapple
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:45 PM

I know around navarre, I think it is legal to smoke in bars but Idk, not old enough to go to bars yet lol. I don't like when people are smoking but I have come to get use to it since my partner smokes but he doesn't do it around my kid.  I know they can't smoke in resturants tho which is ok with me cuz I don't want to be around smoke while I am eating.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:45 PM

New York went smoke free years ago and nothing seems to have changed except your hair and clothes don't stink like smoke when you leave the club.  Pennsylvania also did it a year or two ago and and nothing here seems to have changed either.

PookaboosMom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:49 PM

Here you can't smoke in bars that serve food, but ones like Shooters where they don't serve food you can still smoke. Where I used to live up north when they put it in effect everyone used to drive all the way outta town from surrounding areas to a sports bar that wasn't within city limits so they could smoke with their drinking, that bar ended up adding on, and a few more "country bars" popped up, and a few in city limits actually went out of business....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)