Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any one keeping up with the oilspill?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:44 PM
  • 13 Replies

i think its retarded that they cant fix it. i also feel so bad for all the animal.  this is going to affect the ocean for years to come.  i even read somewhere that the oil is going to travel to the east cost and possibly to Europe.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eddysmommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:49 PM

BUMP!

sometimesitis
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:59 PM

I feel bad for the animals, but I feel REALLY bad for all of the men that are losing their jobs because of it.  That is 100s of family's that will be living on unemployment until it runs out because there are no jobs in the oilfield because so much drilling is being cut off.  I feel really bad for the families that are losing their insurance, their pay, and in return will lose their vehicles, posessions, and eventually their homes.  I feel really bad for the people that will not have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of. 

MsJoa
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:05 PM
"Only when the last tree has been cut down, Only when the last river has been poisoned, Only when the last fish has been caught, Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prohpecy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eddysmommy
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 1:05 AM

yes i feel sorry for them too. but they will still be alive. they can get up and go work some where else. the sea life can not.  this is/was their home and now they are all dying because some stupid people decided they were going to drill for oil when they didnt have a way to fix any problems if they  happened.

Quoting sometimesitis:

I feel bad for the animals, but I feel REALLY bad for all of the men that are losing their jobs because of it.  That is 100s of family's that will be living on unemployment until it runs out because there are no jobs in the oilfield because so much drilling is being cut off.  I feel really bad for the families that are losing their insurance, their pay, and in return will lose their vehicles, posessions, and eventually their homes.  I feel really bad for the people that will not have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of. 

ErikaM27
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 1:10 AM

Quoting eddysmommy:

yes i feel sorry for them too. but they will still be alive. they can get up and go work some where else. the sea life can not.  this is/was their home and now they are all dying because some stupid people decided they were going to drill for oil when they didnt have a way to fix any problems if they  happened.

Quoting sometimesitis:

It's not that easy to get a job right away. My husband was out of work for 3 months due to this too. Now he's working but we were about to lose everything.

Do you want to vent? Join my group WTF
ready_for2
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 1:12 AM

yes i saw a horrible video today of a bird suffocating in the oil. it was trying SO hard to breathe, and to get up, but it couldnt. and the oil kept washing up over it :(

this is complete bullshit, i dont belive for one second that BP cant fix this shit and couldnt have already fixed it. there is NO REASON this should have gone on for 40+ days and is still happening.

and THEY should be the ones paying for it too, not the people's taxes

ready_for2
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 1:14 AM

and the PEOPLE are going to be suffering soon too, not just from the economic problems that are already happening, but physically just like the animals bc once the hurricanes come and flood all of this oil onto land, and blow it onto land. EVERYTHING is going to be covered in it. the roads, people's cars, peoples houses, not only the wildlife food sources but also every farm, the people themselves!!.... it is goign to be horrible!!! i am so worried about these people i wish they could all just come up north

armywifey26
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 1:17 AM

I will never get my gas from BP again.....

eddysmommy
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 1:26 AM

you know i didnt think about that. i live in TN  i dont think it will reach this far.  that is sad.  i just cant stop thing about the poor animal.  i mean imagine being a fish and your swimming alone minding your own then BOOM your dead because the oil.  peolple are so stupid.

Quoting ready_for2:

and the PEOPLE are going to be suffering soon too, not just from the economic problems that are already happening, but physically just like the animals bc once the hurricanes come and flood all of this oil onto land, and blow it onto land. EVERYTHING is going to be covered in it. the roads, people's cars, peoples houses, not only the wildlife food sources but also every farm, the people themselves!!.... it is goign to be horrible!!! i am so worried about these people i wish they could all just come up north

FL2AK
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 1:50 AM

I spent about 2 hours today with a person who works in safety and health for BP and has worked for other oil companies too.  It was a very interesting conversation and basically, BP does not give a shit. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)