Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IUD Removal

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:54 PM
  • 33 Replies

Hello ladies! So here's the deal, I want a new baby, just got a new job, health benefits wont start for 6 months so I will definitely be waiting until then. What I wonder about is my Mirena, obviously it will have to be removed, what are the costs? For those that have had them removed and had another child how long was it until you conceived? And of course did it hurt to remove it? Mine didn't hurt to get that's why I wonder about the pain.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crashly
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:58 PM

BUMP

Kimora_neko
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:00 PM

I don't know, here's a bump for you

Mitch_Gray37
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:02 PM

I got one, it's still in so I'm no help

I can help with a BUMP, lol

kat247
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:03 PM

It doesn't really hurt...Its like a bad cramp for just a minute then its over with.I don't remember how much it cost but it wasn't a lot.You can go to a health dept and they will do it for like $40.It was worst getting it put in.

Crashly

haha thanks, i realize since my post has absolutely nothing to do with drama i should probably bounce over to BBC but it's worth a try since this site is more entertaining

sometimesitis

Bump!  I wanna know, too.  =)

Crashly

ty kat :D

AllieMad

It didn't hurt at all to remove it.  She just went in with a speculum, grabbed the stings and told me to bear down and push a little.  Came right out.  All I had to pay was my office visit copay.

I then bled heavily for about 3 weeks.  I then had a normal cycle then got pregnant.  I believe I had it taken out in mid January, bled until the beginning of February.  Had a cycle and found out I was pregnant in March.

sometimesitis
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:04 PM

Quoting Crashly:

haha thanks, i realize since my post has absolutely nothing to do with drama i should probably bounce over to BBC but it's worth a try since this site is more entertaining

what is BBC?

momto3girls0620
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:05 PM

my dr did it for 35 and it didn't hurt ..like pp said just a cramp ...but i haven't been trying to get pregnant since having it removed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)