Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Steam Mops?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:16 PM
  • 48 Replies

We live in on post housing and our whole entire house is tiled...UCK....No matter how often I mop my floors they always look dirty still. It is so annoying. Anywho I was talking to DH last night and told him I really want a steam mop, and he said ok. So do any of you ladies have a steam mop? Is it worth the money. I swear we literlly could have purchesed two, with all the diffrent mops and floor cleaners we have tried.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CheshireCat420
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:17 PM
I have a HAAN. It's awesome.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adreyan
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:21 PM
my entire house is tile and it is such a pain to get clean. I've been wanting one too :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizzy317
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:23 PM

I have the shark steam mop... I LOVE IT!!!! It's quick and easy to use and very cheap in the long run!

LilahandElliot
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:24 PM

I totally need one!!! I was actually going to make a post on here and ask if there is anytype of vaccuum for hardwood. we have an amazing Hoover, but it doesn't work at all on the hardwood... which is now most of the house.

ss1436
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:25 PM

I have a shark and I love it. It makes cleaning floors so much faster and it doesn't use any chemicals.

ilovelauryn
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:26 PM

Quoting Lizzy317:

I have the shark steam mop... I LOVE IT!!!! It's quick and easy to use and very cheap in the long run!

We were (well I) was looking at the Shark Pocket Mop. A few friends have it and love it. DH used to do the floors, because I told him I would only mop if he bought me a steam mop. LOL. Well now he is deployed, so guess who gets a steam mop ;-)

judybant
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:26 PM

Shark Steam Mop! BY FAR the best value for the money! And sometimes, they throw in the portable steamer thingy for free, and then you never have to buy window cleaner, oven cleaner, or furniture cleaner again, either! The combination of the two steamers is awesome! And I don't have to worry about the kids or the dog or cats getting into anything, or being in the room while I clean... Sometimes, the shark floor one will "spit" out extra water. I usually just steam mop, and have two old bath towels folded up under my feet, and "skate" behind my steam mop, catching any and all water that's left on the floor, which is not much, but if there's any, that's DEFINITELY where the kidlet is going to come running through, with his grubby little feets, and leave a muddy footprint!

ilovelauryn
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:35 PM

Quoting judybant:

Shark Steam Mop! BY FAR the best value for the money! And sometimes, they throw in the portable steamer thingy for free, and then you never have to buy window cleaner, oven cleaner, or furniture cleaner again, either! The combination of the two steamers is awesome! And I don't have to worry about the kids or the dog or cats getting into anything, or being in the room while I clean... Sometimes, the shark floor one will "spit" out extra water. I usually just steam mop, and have two old bath towels folded up under my feet, and "skate" behind my steam mop, catching any and all water that's left on the floor, which is not much, but if there's any, that's DEFINITELY where the kidlet is going to come running through, with his grubby little feets, and leave a muddy footprint!

Do you work for Shark??? LOL just kidding, but you totally sounded like a sales person. I am telling DH the next time we talk thats the one I want. I found them at Wal-Mart for 100.00. Although I would love to find a bundle with the portable steamer as well

auntietotty
by Elizabeth on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:58 PM

I have the Shark...best thing I ever got! I have hardwood and laminate all thru my house and tile in the bathroom...I havent been disappointed in mine at all.

momtolucas2002
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 12:08 AM

I have a Eureka Enviro Steamer bought it after I returned my Shark.  The Shark does not get hot enough to really sanitize the floor and left it wet.  The Eureka cost less and it left my floor dry and streak free.  It gets pretty hot much hotter than the Shark did.  I had to order it on Amazon since the stores always seem to be out of it around here. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)