Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DS hasn't seen daddy all week!!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:35 PM
  • 12 Replies

My poor son loves his daddy so much and he hasn't seen him all week.  Hubby has been leaving at 6 am and not getting home until 8:30-9:00 at night.  DS is 3 and I can't let him stay up and see daddy before bed because if I throw his bedtime off he gets night terrors and then none of us sleep.  Can't wait for the weekend!  And DS will be 3 on Sunday so of course we're going to spend all weekend together!  Oh, and hubby has been at work all of these hours.  His new job has VERY long hours.  GREAT pay but oh so hard on the family.  He switched jobs at the right time though.  The one he quit they've been lucky to work 20 hours/week.  Their health insurance just got cut back and his boss doesn't really have any money to pay the bills.  Sad really.  We've known his ex-boss forever.  My brother was best friends with his son when I was 1.  He's had this business forever and he hired hubby without ANY knowledge in the heating and air field.  Taught him everything he knows!  It was tough for hubby to leave but it was time because he could see that things weren't going well for the company.

I feel like a single mom!  I don't know how you single moms do it!  At least I have hubby to talk to at night (for the hour before bed) and he'll be here for the weekend!

Mommy to my angel baby (miscarried 6/21/06 at 10 weeks), Jason Josiah (born 6/6/07) who is always pushing to be the best he can be, and my VBAC baby who tested my patience to no end by being 15 days late Delaney Abygail Grace (born 4/19/10)

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MPWifeJessicia
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Long hours suck! I'm glad you will get to spend the weekend together though and happy birthday to your little man!

abstractmommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:44 PM
I know the feeling...DH has been working doubles. DS is only 6 months old but he gets cranky when daddy isn't around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 2:05 AM

That's tough!  At least the weekend's almost here . . . :)

MomTo2Boys2526
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 2:09 AM

Poor little guy!

Unless my DH switches his schedule when school starts, my kids won't be able to see daddy at all! =(

MomTo2Boys2526
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 2:09 AM

Oh and Happy Birthday to your little man!

volsbaby
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 2:18 AM

The job my hubby has and has had for a year now they travel alot right now he is in north carolina he usually leaves at 5am on mondays and is back by friday night but then some times he works straight thru on the weekend and doesnt come home at all lie this weekend hes not getting to come in but my youngest isstraight up daddy's girl and has cried her self to sleep past few night crying 'i miss my daddly' she is only 3 it is hard on the family and the kids things get better tho

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 2:22 AM

awl, almost to the weekend. its been a week like that here also, dh usually works 3-4 days and since his shift is changing he is working 7 and has an extra overtime day. I would try not to feel bad you have to do whats best for your family. I erally hope that your little one has a great birthday.

ErikaM27
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 2:39 AM

Dh has been gone for a month hopefully he will be home next week for only 7 days and goes back to work again. GOod luck I know how it is...

Do you want to vent? Join my group WTF
alexhuntercody
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 2:42 AM

my husband has been gone since october. My kids stopped asking about daddy a few months ago. Even though i talk about him; i kind of think they have forgotten about him. Sad really.

iluvmypreemies
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 2:46 AM

My husband is deployed so I know it can be tough on the little ones. They see him on webcam and talk to him on the phone but they miss him so very much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)