Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Some days I just really miss him..

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:40 PM
  • 15 Replies

I lost my brother in 1998.  He was 27 and I was 19.  We weren't always close, but from about 16 on up me and him were really close, I'd hang out with him ALL the time, we'd just go hang out at his apartment or go to his buddies house.. whatever.  We had a great time and he never harped on me for smoking lol

I got up for work one morning and just as I was going to hop in the shower the phone rang.  He died a few hours before in a motorcycle accident.  Dark road, no street lights.  They were riding double and he didn't see the turn in the road.. some how him and the bike next to him got tangled up and he flipped over the handle bars.  Landed head first, no helmet.  If that didn't kill him the bike behind him ran him over.. that would have.. helmet or not.

I just... I just really still miss him so much :(  He was suppose to come over cause I had just moved into my new apartment.  He never seen it.. never seen me get married, or have kids.  My son looks just like him.  It just sucks. 

This is his son.. I've only met him a few times.  His mom took him out of our lives and never looked back :(

Lilypie - (Cibd)

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chais_wifey
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:42 PM
I'm sorry for your loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommymic
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:43 PM

thats so sad...im sorry for your loss.

KandiceN
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Thanks. I'm just really missing him tonight.. I don't know why..  I just am :(

preemiemomma415
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:45 PM

I lost my brother in 1995.  I know how you feel.  He was in a car accident drinking and driving.  I still miss him so much.  He never got to see me graduate high school, hold my kids, meet my husband or anything.  hugs

MomTo2Boys2526
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:47 PM

So sorry! =( Hugs

Kharma25
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:47 PM

I'm so sorry.  I know it's hard, but just try to remember the good times with him.  I think that's probably what he would like for you to do.  I know if my brother were to pass, he'd want me to remember the fun we had going to rodeos together and everything.

KandiceN
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:49 PM

I'm so sorry.  Mine got to see me graduate, I was actually just looking for that picture but I can't find it :(

Quoting preemiemomma415:

I lost my brother in 1995.  I know how you feel.  He was in a car accident drinking and driving.  I still miss him so much.  He never got to see me graduate high school, hold my kids, meet my husband or anything.  hugs

Lilypie - (Cibd)

KandiceN
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:52 PM

I do! I try to anyway!  We did have a lot of fun together.. We went to the Renaissance Festival here once and I had them put him up in the ..oh what's it called, where they lock your head and hands in.. then they heckled him LOL He was SO mad at me!!  It was fun though ;)  When we were kids, our rooms were across the hall from each other, and both our doors opened in.. well he was mad at me and handcuffed me to each door and left me there for a while :P  It wasn't funny then but it sure is now!!

Quoting Kharma25:

I'm so sorry.  I know it's hard, but just try to remember the good times with him.  I think that's probably what he would like for you to do.  I know if my brother were to pass, he'd want me to remember the fun we had going to rodeos together and everything.

Lilypie - (Cibd)

MPWifeJessicia
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:53 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know from experience that somedays are just so hard. I lost my dad when I was 13, and I have the same thoughts....he never got to see anything. I miss him tremendously and I lost my mom two years ago. Although she did get to see my kids, my youngest two started school after she passed away, and both of their first days of school were hard for me because I couldn't share it with her. June 7 is the anniversary of my dad's death, and June 15 is the anniversary of my mom's. This time of the year is hard for me. Hugs to you Momma!

dusky_rose
by Sue on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:55 PM

Awwwww! I'm sorry, hugs!

Click image above to join Motivate to Get in Shape!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)