Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you consider this sexual abuse/rape?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:42 PM
  • 84 Replies
So the other question about rape, whores, virginity, and abuse got me thinking about something Ive always wondered. This post is NOT intended to cause drama so please dont make it into one :) Would you say that a girl who is black out drunk (to the point to where the next day she has no recollection what happened: whether she said yes or no or flirted or whatever) and has sex with someone was sexually abused or raped? She wasnt mentally "all there" but she kinda put herself in that situation drinking way past her limit. So, the question is, would you consider it a sexual abuse/rape or not? If not, what would you consider it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
msmoody
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:44 PM

If the guy knew she wasn't able to consent, then yes.

judybant
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:45 PM

yes, it was a molestation, at minimum.  Doesn't matter if she got drunk or not. Anybody who would think it's okay to have sex with someone who's that sloppy drunk needs help anyway...

NewJoyOn1308
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:45 PM

Well...if she doesn't say "No" or doesn't make it "clear" she doesn't want to engage in the activity, I think it would be kind of hard to prove rape or sexual abuse. It doesn't matter if she was drunk, high or whatever IMO. I'm not defending or justifying taking advantage of someone when they are not in their "right state of mind," I'm just saying I think it would be hard to prove it was abuse or rape.

Significant

If the girl got drunk by herself and didn't do anything do let the man know to stop then it is not rape. If he MADE her do things she refused to do, or hit her etc. then that's abuse/rape. Shes the one who drank and you know the outcome of getting f'd up. If she didn't refuse then its not a rape.

krissy0506
For me it would kinda depend on the mental state of the man...if he was just as drunk then no, but if he was sober and KNEW he was taking advantage of her, then yes....but its a fine line.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelizedsinz
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Legally, rape is defined as an unlwaful sex act without a person's consent, in most states. If she's passed out there's no way she can give consent so I consider it rape.

JayCamsmom

Its rape/sexual abuse... I was a MP and dealt with it as far as all the barracks parties if the person is unable to consent its rape

butrflyekises

It would have to depend on the exact situation and all the different variables that go along with a situation like this.  Either way it really depends on whos story is more reliable and ofcource on the ages of the people involved.  How many witnesses and how did the two parties know each other. 

crysjuls
Some guys will take advantage of the fact that she's not all there. I do consider it abuse/rape!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NewJoyOn1308
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:46 PM

I do agree with this.  

Quoting judybant:

yes, it was a molestation, at minimum.  Doesn't matter if she got drunk or not. Anybody who would think it's okay to have sex with someone who's that sloppy drunk needs help anyway...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)