Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

When to stop having sex in front of your children?

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2010 at 12:01 PM
  • 488 Replies

Poll

Question: When should you stop having sex in front of your child?

Options:

1-12 months old

2-3 years old

4-5 years old

6+ years old

Sex is natural, we don't plan to stop

Will never have sex in front of them

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1205

View Results

This was a question I heard asked on the radio, I was pretty shocked to hear ppl calling in and giving ages! Is it ever ok to have sex in front of your child, sleeping or not?

I would say not. DH & I have never had sex in front of Ds. If he's in our bed sleeping, we take it out to the living room. I personally think its wrong on so many levels. Some of my friends have stated they have sex in front of their kids as long as they are "sleeping". How can you be certain that they are really sleeping or will stay asleep?

My parents used to do it when they thought I was sleeping. Well, I wasn't, I was *trying* to sleep and there is nothing more awkward than hearing your parents go at it! <gag>

What do you guys think?

by on Jun. 6, 2010 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lvnmylif
by on Jun. 6, 2010 at 12:04 PM
4 moms liked this

We have had sex when our baby was asleep in the bassinet at the end of our bed.  None of them are in our room anymore.  We have been caught by the kids so now if we are sneaking one in during the day we lock our door.  We have a spontaneous active sex life and I don't care if it grosses our kids out.  We aren't going to stop having great sex because they might hear us. 

haydsmom2007
by on Jun. 6, 2010 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I would if he was a baby. Babies don't pretend to sleep. I don't know that I would do it now, my son is 2 1/2... maybe I would I don't know. I have been a single mom so I've never had an opportunity to do that anyway.

omgamomie
EvaSerenity
5 moms liked this

WHY would you have sex in front of your kids? Any kids? That is wrong on sooo many levels.

Brianav
by on Jun. 6, 2010 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this
1-12 mos.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Mad.Hatter.
1 mom liked this

never

echoishername
by Misty on Jun. 6, 2010 at 12:06 PM

When dd was an infant; we had sex in the same room as her. She was asleep in her bassinet or swing. That only happened a few times, and stopped before she was even 3 months.

isra1986

When she was an infant and still in our room we still didn't do it there! We would go to the guest room!
It's weird to me, never.

I am not Palestinian (although I married into the culture). I am human. I
believe in human rights for everyone. Some people may think that this
is not "our" fight, but it is to me, because no matter their religion or cultural background, they are our brothers and sisters in humanity.  I will protest right along side everyone in Palestine. I may not be able to change the world, but I can
die trying.

Aydans_Mommy
by on Jun. 6, 2010 at 12:07 PM

Quoting EvaSerenity:

WHY would you have sex in front of your kids? Any kids? That is wrong on sooo many levels.

I so agree

momofone221
by on Jun. 6, 2010 at 12:07 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN