Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Too fat to wipe butt? What do they do?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2010 at 7:04 PM
  • 87 Replies

My friend and I had a conversation about this the other day --- she is obese and we were talking about people who get so huge they can not get out of bed -- she said she thinks she would get a huge wake up call once she was unable to wipe her own butt.

I never thought about that --- but at some point your arms wouldnt be long enough to reach down there to get it clean --- right?? So what do they do? Get a washcloth on a stick.?? Get someone else to wipe them ? just leave it?

If they can't clean themselves -- I would think they'd get all kinds of fungus and stuff growing in between the rolls of fat..... What do you do if you cant fit in a tub and cant stand  to shower..... and can't reach 1/2 of your body....... get disability and hire a private nurse (if you dont have a family member to do it)

I dont know anyone nearly THAT huge -- so I have no idea.....

by on Jun. 9, 2010 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
omgamomie
by on Jun. 9, 2010 at 7:05 PM

BUMP!

mommasbabies77
by on Jun. 9, 2010 at 7:06 PM
Honestly? I don't care lol.

Kaybean
by Kayleen on Jun. 9, 2010 at 7:08 PM

I think people who are that severely overweight usually have an aid that helps them don't they? They would have to have someone in their home to help them if they were too large to even be able to get around. BTW..someone will be offended by this at some point I'm sure.

TTC a GIRL? Want a GIRL in the future?
Join this group!!! We share tips and
methods for conceiving that baby girl!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/22322

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Jun. 9, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Ass midgets?How the hell would I know?

AjsMom0508
by on Jun. 9, 2010 at 7:09 PM

I sit with my grandmother twice a week so that my grandfather can get out of the house and just have a normal day.  My grandmother is extremely obese, has been in and out of the hospital and nursing home for years, has had a stroke, has two bad knees and has almost constant infections in her legs.  She is too large to wipe her own butt when she has a bowel movement so I have to do it for her.  She refuses any kind of in home care because she doesn't want a stranger doing it.  She is embarassed that I do it but honestly it doesn't bother me.  Things like that happen.  At least she's able to get to the toilet.

OneToughMami
by on Jun. 9, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Quoting laranadtony:

mmmhmmm...but they pay them so it's not considered slavery and the ones who do it free are "volunteers"...

ff-princess
by on Jun. 9, 2010 at 7:10 PM

they actually make bathroom tissue extenders, it's like a stick with a hole in one end to fasten the tissue to, and you reach around with the extender to wipe.  you then remove the tissue and flush.  I'll see if I can find a pic...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270586980943&rvr_id=&crlp=1_263602_263622&UA=%3F*I7&GUID=1efb36ad1290a0aad235af05ffc72a74&itemid=270586980943&ff4=263602_263622

mrs.sgt
by on Jun. 9, 2010 at 7:11 PM
As if this post wasn't funny enough already I find ass midgets- OMG!!!!!

Quoting laranadtony:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Jun. 9, 2010 at 7:11 PM

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting laranadtony:

mmmhmmm...but they pay them so it's not considered slavery and the ones who do it free are "volunteers"...

That is the job for me.

We should be in awe at the gift of having children rather than obsessed by our rights as a mother!

OneToughMami
by on Jun. 9, 2010 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting AjsMom0508:

I sit with my grandmother twice a week so that my grandfather can get out of the house and just have a normal day.  My grandmother is extremely obese, has been in and out of the hospital and nursing home for years, has had a stroke, has two bad knees and has almost constant infections in her legs.  She is too large to wipe her own butt when she has a bowel movement so I have to do it for her.  She refuses any kind of in home care because she doesn't want a stranger doing it.  She is embarassed that I do it but honestly it doesn't bother me.  Things like that happen.  At least she's able to get to the toilet.

Technically you are doing what family is supposed to do. No matter how "embarassed" your grandmother is, family should step up instead of calling in the troops. I used to wash my granny's ass for her and she said she'd rather have a cute male nurse do...but...she was a widow and just wanted to look at his butt in scrubs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN