Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you lost yourself?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:04 AM
  • 21 Replies

Do you feel that being a mom has caused you to lose who you are? 

Have any of you woken up one morning and realized that you no longer know what YOU like to do for fun or what makes YOU happy?

Has anyone had this happen and "rediscovered" themselves?  How did you do it?  Did it create turmoil in your relationship with your spouse/kids for you to finally start thinking about yourself sometimes?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Radarma
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:06 AM

BUMP!

indianamom1985
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:06 AM

No but I lost all my marbles... Im still looking for them!!!!

indianamom1985
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:07 AM

If u see them PLEASE let me know!!! I miss my Marbles!!!

RmeWifey01
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:07 AM

YUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*I have lost myself and if you see me, please tell me to call home b/c I am worried about me!

Mel30248
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:07 AM

I completely know all about this or well no not all about this but I'm there. I honestly was one person before giving birth but as soon as I gave birth completely changed. I do ask myself why I changed, where did I go, why cant I seem to get back to the same happy go lucky person I used to be, etc. It has caused turmoil in our relationship with my boyfriend we were head over heels with one another then after having our daughter I changed & he didnt. I think our issues are a combo of he should have changed some & I shouldnt have changed so much.

I really wish I had answers for you or something anything other then your not alone. I dont know what I like to do anymore my entire life revolves around my daughter & what she wants, needs & likes. I have no life outside the relm of my two year old & honestly my boyfriend & I really dont have a relationship anymore but rather are just doing our jobs I guess or so that is how it seems. I dont know how to get back to where we were & I dont know if we ever will.

EvaSerenity
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:08 AM

BUMP!

billssweety
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:09 AM

No the me I want to be is a wife, a mother, a christian & a full time working outside the home person.....it is who I have always wanted to be, I am quite content with that...

gaugesmomma1209
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Being a mom IS who I am. Taking care of my son is what I like to do.

Movies are too expensive.

My DH and I usually watch movies a lot at home. We love to lay in bed and cuddle and watch movies or TV. But we love being able to raise our son together. When he is at work DS and I go on walks, or hang out with my friends.

savedbygrace316
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:10 AM

I have an almost 15mo DS so I haven't really had time to lose myself yet.  Sometimes I'll be doing something small like fixing a cup of juice or running bath water and think "wow I'm a mom".  So far I feel like being a mom has just been added to who I am.  I do a pretty good job of taking care of myself.  I workout everyday.  I try to read everyday.  I just do little things for myself.  I also try really hard to focus on mine and SO's relationship.  Pretty much everything is the same for me as it was before DS but my priorities are in a different order.  KWIM?

KnitWit0686
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:10 AM

I don't think I have lost myself...the only thing that has changed since I had kids is that I can't read all the time like I want to, I have to wait til the kids are asleep or napping....or if they want to read with me...not that big a deal...also I like to knit and crochet as well, I also do that when the kids are sleeping or napping... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)