Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question for mom's of 2 or more children

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:07 AM
  • 14 Replies

i'm pregnant with my second child. with my first child i had to be induced. i went 8 days passed my due date. i was wondering if any of you went into labor on your own with your second child? i'm so anxious. i wanna experience the whole rush of my water breaking and all that "fun" stuff lol. also i heard that contractions hurt more when being induced than if i was to go into labor on my own. is that true?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Each woman is different but I had my first 6 without being induced and I Never had the "rush of water breaking"....the nurse always had to break the sac. My last child (#7) I was induced and yes it hurts and the contractions seemed to be stronger than when I normally went into labor but then again it was over 6 years between my 6th and 7th child

SASSY762

KimGsMommi
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:14 AM

I went into labor on my due date with my second. However, lol I didnt have any of the "fun" either. They had to break my water. When I was induced with my first, I got the epidural, so I didnt really feel my contractions..it took a lot longer though. With my second, I didn't have any pain meds...and my labor was all in my back. I was coming up off the bed in pain.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:16 AM

what does it mean when labor was in your back? i've seen that alot lately.

Quoting KimGsMommi:

I went into labor on my due date with my second. However, lol I didnt have any of the "fun" either. They had to break my water. When I was induced with my first, I got the epidural, so I didnt really feel my contractions..it took a lot longer though. With my second, I didn't have any pain meds...and my labor was all in my back. I was coming up off the bed in pain.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:17 AM

BUMP!

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:18 AM

I wasn't induced with my first and was with my second. Second's contractions hurt worse but my labor was 12 hours shorter.

ETA- My water broke with my second on it's own but it was just like heavy discharge. I didn't have the pop and rush of water.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

EvaSerenity
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:20 AM

With my 2nd DD, I went into labor on my own. Right after a midnight run of Taco Bell. I thought it was just an upset stomach from the burritos, lol. But my water never broke until I was already in the hospital. Contractions hurt like hell, induced or not. I was only induced with my 3rd, and it still was painful just like the 2 before her.

angelluvgoddess
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:20 AM

I have never been induced I went into labor with all 3 on my own

Melame68
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:21 AM

i went 8 days over with both my daughters. the first was induced the second i went into labor on my own. my first daughter i had an epidural but before that YES the contractions were much much worse. with my second i went natural and the contracts were LITERALLY!!! I KID YYOU NOT!!! like mild mild...i could ignore them cramps!!! until 9 1/2 cm when they turned into more like moderate cramps!!! if you can avoid being induced i would!! and also keep in mind that you arent even OVERDUE until 42 weeks!! so dont push it if you dont really realyl have to

savedbygrace316
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:23 AM

It means is sucks really bad LOL.  My stomach didn't get hard with contractions instead it felt like my spine was being crushed.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

what does it mean when labor was in your back? i've seen that alot lately.

Quoting KimGsMommi:

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:24 AM

i can't wait that long cuz i'm very petite lol so i'll end up needing a c-section. 

Quoting Melame68:

i went 8 days over with both my daughters. the first was induced the second i went into labor on my own. my first daughter i had an epidural but before that YES the contractions were much much worse. with my second i went natural and the contracts were LITERALLY!!! I KID YYOU NOT!!! like mild mild...i could ignore them cramps!!! until 9 1/2 cm when they turned into more like moderate cramps!!! if you can avoid being induced i would!! and also keep in mind that you arent even OVERDUE until 42 weeks!! so dont push it if you dont really realyl have to

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)