Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To the Vac moms

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:02 AM
  • 187 Replies

Why did you choose to Vac your kids? Why did you feel it was necessary? 

I just can't see why any parent educated on the subject would choose to do this so please enlighten me.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetcherry_59
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:05 AM

Really not one person?

MamaAlderman_2
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:06 AM

My husband and I weighed the risks and we felt that them not getting small pox and ALL the other diseases that KILLED people before they started Vaccinating them was a higher risk PLUS we trust our kids Dr 100000000000% and he will tell us the truth AND has

sweetcherry_59
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:07 AM

I guess no one really knows why they made that decision, they just went along with what society told them they should do with their children.

rhianonmat
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:07 AM

Quoting MamaAlderman_2:

My husband and I weighed the risks and we felt that them not getting small pox and ALL the other diseases that KILLED people before they started Vaccinating them was a higher risk PLUS we trust our kids Dr 100000000000% and he will tell us the truth AND has

They don't vax children for smallpox. 

sweetcherry_59
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:09 AM

You really don't question your dr at all?

Quoting MamaAlderman_2:

steph2884
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:09 AM

I do it to protect my children from harmful illnesses. And yes, I have read up on vaccines. And no, I don't believe that vaccines caused my son to have autism, I believe he was born with his brain wired differently.

http://lifewithadrian.blogspot.com/

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
rhianonmat
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:09 AM

And I trusted my Ped, too.   Now I have a son with lead poisoning... no idea if it's long-term or short-term because the idiot decided that it wasn't worth it to do the RECOMMENDED lead testing at 12-24 months because "kids never test positive anymore". 

I wish I could sue his pompous, ignorant ass. 

MamaAlderman_2
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:10 AM

It was just a example

Quoting rhianonmat:

Quoting MamaAlderman_2:

They don't vax children for smallpox. 

nellierice

I care about my children.  I feel that I'd rather them get vax'd than get any of the illnesses I'm vaxing against.  You say "Oh, but those things aren't around anymore...who gets smallpox anymore!"  And I insert a stare, why do you think those things aren't around? Vaccinations.  If everyone stops, they could come back...but MY children will be safe. Regardless, you won't listen...this is a stupid debate.  Enjoy doing what you feel is best, and I'll do the same...not into drama tonight.

Hunters-Momma

eye rolling

Quoting sweetcherry_59:

I guess no one really knows why they made that decision, they just went along with what society told them they should do with their children.

Photobucket
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)