Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have no one to talk to..... I just need an ear, well, in this case eyes. (long and cursing)

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:40 AM
  • 30 Replies

I feel so alone. Im a SAHM and I LOVE being ome with my son but I get so lonely. I lost a lot of my friends when DH and I got married. When I got pregnant I lost some more and since my son has been born I have maybe 3 friends left and I hardly ever see them. Im home all day every day. DH doesnt have a steady shift at work so when he is home varies from day to day. When he is home, he isnt much help. He doesnt do anything with DS (who is a year old) except change his diapers (when he feels like it).

DH and I dont talk much and everytime I try and tell him how I feel it turns into an argument. No matter what I say it is never good enough, no matter what I do its never good enough.

My DH has changed so much since we got married. He isnt as affectionate, he isnt as caring or understanding, he isnt as loving. He doesnt sit next to me on the couch, he doesnt hold my hand when we are walking, he doesnt kiss me anymore, We have sex MAYBE once a week, its usuallly twice a month. He used to be so......different. io

I cry myself to sleep almost every night. I have no one to talk to, no one to listen to me, no sholder to cry on. I have NOTHING.

I cant complain about anything or he says something like "well while you were sitting on your ass all day, i was working...... you know , a REAL job". He doesnt understand, I DONT sit on y ass all day, the only time I sit down and just chill (watch TV or go on CM) is when DS is sleeping. When DS is awake I play with him, feed him, change him, clean the house, cook.... do EVERYTHING. I guess he just assumes that the damn house cleans itself. I have talk to him about getting a job but he says he doesnt want me to work because he doesnt trusnyone else with DS and if I worked most, if not all of my check would have to go towards childcare.

My only steady companion is my DS. I know it seems weird but sometimes I just hold him and cry or talk to him about problems ( I do this because I know he cant understand and I have no one else to talk to and somtimes you just need to talk to someone KWIM?)

I try and talk to DH about how I feel but he just blows me off or we argue. We argue about EVERYTHING.

I dont know what to do.

Sorry, I just needed to vent. If you made it to the end........ Thank you.

Photobucket
" I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." -Mahatma Gandhi

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gaugesmomma1209
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:43 AM

Add me. I feel we have a lot in common and i woul love to talk to you. There is a lot I could say, but I would like to do it in a message or a PM maybe.

chica1965
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:43 AM

BUMP!

EvaSerenity
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:44 AM

BUMP!

1andonlysarissa
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:45 AM

omgosh me all the way smh im young too so it hurts that my friends dont wanna talk to me anymore :( heres a bump for you :)

monkeysmom21006
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:47 AM

I know how you're feeling. I was 16 when I had my first, so obviously, none of my friends knew what I was going through. I've never been one to party, and as we've gotten older, that seems to be the thing to do. I bend over backwards trying to be a truly good friend. Luckily, SO is easy to talk to. He used to get upset with me when I expressed myself and so I started closing up. He noticed and then was upset that I wouldn't talk to him! So I told him it's because every time I told him something he would get upset and it would end up a fight. He's not so macho that he can't admit when he's wrong (unlike his father). Maybe you can try counseling? As for a social life, have you tried looking for a playgroup in your area? I found lots of them on meetup.com and many of my friends are from the playgroups. I hope you feel better soon. :)

shaedog3

im sorry : (  get a dog, i bitch to my dog all the time it can help

Mami2Jahzi
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamesmommy4life
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:50 AM

add me too i had the same thing happen to me but now me and my baby daddy aint together anymore i need a friend too being a single mom sucks and every guy i meet just wants one thing and thats it....guys suck lol....except my son hehe....add me i could use a friend too i know what ur going through

amyjosh8687
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:52 AM

Add me also, I feel like I wrote this post, I feel like I am you! 

LostInOz79
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:54 AM

it's amazing how much having a child can affect a relationship. Mine mirrors yours in many ways except that I'm the one working and he stays home. Have you thought about finding a playgroup in the area? It might help to have somebody else around. Does DH help on his days off? I make sure DH has some time on my days off to go do something he enjoys and can't do with DD around. Most of my friends are not the family type so I understand how hard it is to connect with people who were your friends before.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)