Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

buying him cig update

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:34 AM
  • 54 Replies

Poll

Question: am I wrong for not want to buy him cigs

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 65

View Results

my DH has been trying to quite for a while and he buys a pack a day and tonight he gets made because i left my debt card home and cannot get him cigs on the way home and he just bought a pack today he saying someone stole half a pack of cigs am i wrong when i am allegic to cig smoke not to want to buy him cigs

he finally quite on june 19th I am so happy
the quite smoking thing for my hubby tried to fix it

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojosmama1228
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:38 AM

i think if it bothers you to just ask him to smoke out side it's summer so it won't even be cold. and i see no problem with him buying them.

massteria
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:41 AM

I haven't voted yet, but I wanted to ask you a couple things. 

Did you know he smoked when you married him?  If so, are you telling him he has to quit, or is this something he is doing on his own because he wants to?  What kind of reaction do you have to cigarette smoke?  (I ask that because my mother claims to be allergic to it just because she doesn't like the smell and it makes her nose stuffy) 

sherry132
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:43 AM

Quitting is a bitch. He can't do it for you. He has to do it for him. As far as buying them for him... I live in a marriage where all the money is OUR money so if my husband or I decide we want something nothing is coming from the other. It's ours and we do what we want (within affordable reason). So I really can't comment there.

But he won't quit because you are nagging him to do so. He's going to have to find it in himself to quit. You say you are allergic to cigs. Were you before you met him? Was he smoking then?

If so then I think you should accept it and not try to control him. It won't get you anywhere but in a huge argument.

But he should smoke outside.

tazmidgiefairy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:46 AM

I knew he smoked when we got togther but he said he would quite for me and I let go for two years before really pusing the issue. and pretty much my eyes hurt i start sneezing all the time pretty much like if someone is allegic to cut grass and someone is outside mowing a lawn

tazmidgiefairy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:47 AM

I have been allegic to cigs since I was little

massteria
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:49 AM

In that case, you should be willing to buy them for him.  He is quitting for you most likely, which cuts his chances for success dramaticaly.  He should smoke outside, have a coat on or be willing to have a shirt he wears just for smoking so that you are not dealing with it every time you get near him.  Other than that, be patient and understanding.  He smoked when you married him, so it is your job to keep on accepting and supporting him.

Quoting tazmidgiefairy:

I knew he smoked when we got togther but he said he would quite for me and I let go for two years before really pusing the issue. and pretty much my eyes hurt i start sneezing all the time pretty much like if someone is allegic to cut grass and someone is outside mowing a lawn

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:52 AM

Tell him to smoke outside.I got the same shit going on here.Folks wanting to expose my kids to cigarette smoke.I got a bucket,filled it with sand and put it in the yard.They can smoke in the God damn rain!

my_lovely
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:52 AM

Why couldn't he buy them himself? And if he is trying to quit then I don't think it was wrong of you to not buy them for him.

My youngest brother is allergic to cigarettes too, he gets really sick, and weak. When he was  little it was really bad, didn't really stop my parents from smoking they just did it outside.

tazmidgiefairy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:55 AM

he just bought a pack to i think is what making me the most mad

tazmidgiefairy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:55 AM

I read your post I am sorry you are going through that

Quoting laranadtony:

Tell him to smoke outside.I got the same shit going on here.Folks wanting to expose my kids to cigarette smoke.I got a bucket,filled it with sand and put it in the yard.They can smoke in the God damn rain!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)