Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate these post and here I am posting it...

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:02 AM
  • 25 Replies

My daughter woke up one morning about a week ago with laryngitis and I thought it was from us starting the cry it out method 3 days before and her vocal chords being sore from all of the crying.  That night she started with the wet cough.  She has asthma and has pneumonia numerous times in the past (I can never hear the wheezing no matter how hard I try and the only way dr.s can hear it is by using their stethoscopes).  I have given her breathing treatments and they help some, but she still has the wet cough.  her temp has consistantly been 99.9 (her normal body temp is 97.4...all of our family has the low body temp) and she is a little clingy and tired.  She doesn't have a runny nose or sneezing or anything else.  I don't know if this is all caused by the crying it out or if she has pneumonia again or her asthma is acting up.  Her coloring is okay (pale because she is anemic).  Would you wait longer before taking her in or what?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MoonNStars
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:04 AM

Why not call her doctor or the hospital ?  They can advise you based on her age and symptoms.  My doctors office has a 24 hour number and I love it.

BabyKsMaMa
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:04 AM

If you have to sit and think about it, it's best to take her in!!!

peanut081981
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:05 AM

WHY in the FUCK are you posting on Cafe mom? Why hasn't she seen a doctor yet?

kissyfur29
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:07 AM

I had a kid with that problem also. I used to check to see if they were wheezing by watching an area just below their throat.Right by the place where his chest bone meets the neck. If not then call your dr and get advice.

dmarie2101
by Diamond Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:08 AM

because she couldnt live without youre usless, irritating, and stupid comments?

idk.

shut up.

Quoting peanut081981:

peanut081981
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:09 AM

Bite it heifer. I wasn't talking about you. How much brains does it take to GO TO THE DOCTOR?

Quoting dmarie2101:

idk.

shut up.

Quoting peanut081981:

Dawn4175
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:10 AM

Is she grunting or retracting when she breathes?  Coughs can last for weeks and a fever of 99.9 is really nothing to worry about usually. 

I probably wouldn't take my kid in for this, but if you're worried and don't feel comfortable making that decision then bring her in and have her checked out. 

Good luck and I hope she's feeling better soon. 

sondamom0828
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:10 AM

her dr doesn't have a 24 hour number and the only place to take her is the ER.  If she isn't sick, she will end up sick and it will turn into something that will land her in the hospital.

Quoting peanut081981:

Bite it heifer. I wasn't talking about you. How much brains does it take to GO TO THE DOCTOR?

Quoting dmarie2101:

idk.

shut up.

Quoting peanut081981:

massteria
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:11 AM

If there is not a high fever (I have a low body temp, same for my kids, and 101 is our max before I am breaking down the doc's door lol!) then I would wait and watch.  With the history of pneumonia, it would be safe to call the doctor, but I wouldn't be rushing to the ER.

sondamom0828
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:11 AM

No, she isn't grunting or anything...just the wet cough now.

Quoting Dawn4175:

Is she grunting or retracting when she breathes?  Coughs can last for weeks and a fever of 99.9 is really nothing to worry about usually. 

I probably wouldn't take my kid in for this, but if you're worried and don't feel comfortable making that decision then bring her in and have her checked out. 

Good luck and I hope she's feeling better soon. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)